Walmart.. airguns ?

greybeard

I tried to order a pump airgun pistol online from Walmart and have it delivered to a local Walmart for me to pick up.

I couldn't do it online for some reason so I emailed Walmart and was advised that it could only be sent to someone with a FFL because it was a firearm ...???????

Has anyone here ever ordered, or tried to order an airgun on line from Walmart ?

( I don't live in NYC so city laws don't apply)

you may not live in the city but most states DO NOT allow any type of firearm (even pellet/bb guns) to be mailed or delivered to any place other then a liceenced dealer ( FFL ). if you want the pellet/bb/airgun just go to your local wally world/basspro/whatever and buy it. just bring proof of age and or address. if you are 18 or older no problems. if you are under the age of 18 a parent or guardian must be present with proof of them being your legal parent/guardian. hopes this helps you some.

I was sure that there was no Federal Law and even tried to find one, but couldn't. BUT I thought maybe something changed and I missed it.

I guess that they just have a policy about shipping. I told them in the email that I lived on L.I. and that I was a senior citizen to eliminate those questions. .. I wonder why they offer it online...kinda strange..

I wanted to get it from Walmart because they'd ship it to a store and I wouldn't have to wait at home to sign for it, I would just go and pick it up. Also, I figured that if there was a problem that I could just bring it to the store and return it rather then ship it back ( There are lotsa Walmarts near me).

No one around here seems to have the gun I want, so I have to find it online.

I only want it because I can adjust the power by pumping less and then can target shoot it in my basement(it's NOT for hunting)...Also, I just feel like giving myself a reasonably inexpensive present ,that's cheap to shoot and I need a new toy..

Now that I know that there is no Federal law, I can look for a better deal online, maybe Cyber Monday

Shawn ..I did see Pyramid air and they have a good price. I'm glad you told me that they were a good company..( I was going to PM you about this, but you taught me so much the other night, that I didn't want to keep asking you so many questions, and be a pain in the butt)

an airgun is not a firearm and this sounds like wally world is just making their own rules. federal law permits the shipment and sale of airguns in the US as none ffl...

Not true, New york State now considers all BB and pellet guns as firearms. (page 16 of your hunting guide). And if you want to use one for hunting, the airgun has to produce a velocity of at least 600 feet per second.

Since they are considered firearms that just throws up red flags and the stores probably just stay away from it.

• Like 1

Not true, New york State now considers all BB and pellet guns as firearms. (page 16 of your hunting guide). And if you want to use one for hunting, the airgun has to produce a velocity of at least 600 feet per second.

Since they are considered firearms that just throws up red flags and the stores probably just stay away from it.

I thought I had read recently that these kinds of guns were now classified as firearms by NYS. I believe that ruling was made within the past year so many people are not aware of the change. That is probably what Walmart's hang-up is.

The air pistol that I was looking at is the Crosman 1322 ( I have the 1377 and the shoulder stock when I want to shoot it like a rifle).. The 1322 can use the same stock..

I had never thought of an airgun as a firearm, but even if NY did consider 600 FPS a firearm this airgun should not be, because the velocity of the 1322 is below 500 FPS .

I am NOT looking to use the 1322 for hunting . I have an air rifle that shoots 800fps if I wanted a squirrel airgun for close shooting in the woods.This airgun that I want is for target shooting with a pistol with slower velocity, like the 1377 that I have. And I want the .22 because.. ?????

In Walmart's email to me they never stated NYS law, but you may be right Doc about Walmart's hangup

I know that NYC has laws regarding airguns, but not in my County as best I can tell. I even found some sites that give Zip Codes that the companies would NOT ship airguns to, and mine was not included.

It appears that some companies would ship an airgun to me,(also see reply above).

I'm in no particular rush to get it because I'm sure in time the local stores will carry it, I just figured that it's a good sale time especially for a toy.

I was sure that there was no Federal Law and even tried to find one, but couldn't. BUT I thought maybe something changed and I missed it.

I guess that they just have a policy about shipping. I told them in the email that I lived on L.I. and that I was a senior citizen to eliminate those questions. .. I wonder why they offer it online...kinda strange..

I wanted to get it from Walmart because they'd ship it to a store and I wouldn't have to wait at home to sign for it, I would just go and pick it up. Also, I figured that if there was a problem that I could just bring it to the store and return it rather then ship it back ( There are lotsa Walmarts near me).

No one around here seems to have the gun I want, so I have to find it online.

I only want it because I can adjust the power by pumping less and then can target shoot it in my basement(it's NOT for hunting)...Also, I just feel like giving myself a reasonably inexpensive present ,that's cheap to shoot and I need a new toy..

Now that I know that there is no Federal law, I can look for a better deal online, maybe Cyber Monday

Shawn ..I did see Pyramid air and they have a good price. I'm glad you told me that they were a good company..( I was going to PM you about this, but you taught me so much the other night, that I didn't want to keep asking you so many questions, and be a pain in the butt)

Grey, you're more than welcome to give me a call at any time. No problems.

It's a firearm in DEC law, but not NYS firearms law. Pretty grey area here. But the point is that they do not require a FFL for shipment.

well can you carry a air pistol concealed or is it considered a fire arm and you need a permit if it is concealed?

Silly question i know but legitimate one.

You do not need a pistol permit for an air pistol. Why would you carry one for anything other than targets or maybe hunting? You would be a complete fool to think its a good idea to try and intimidate anyone with it in a self defense situation. Youd be liable to get killed in pretty short order that way.

You do not need a pistol permit for an air pistol. Why would you carry one for anything other than targets or maybe hunting? You would be a complete fool to think its a good idea to try and intimidate anyone with it in a self defense situation. Youd be liable to get killed in pretty short order that way.

The main reason why there's a ban on airguns in NYC was because too many teens were holding up stores as well as mistakenly shot by cops because they bad bought air pistols that look realistic when being flashed around at night.

The main reason why there's a ban on airguns in NYC was because too many teens were holding up stores as well as mistakenly shot by cops because they bad bought air pistols that look realistic when being flashed around at night.

Yet another well-intentioned (arbitrarily giving the benefit of a doubt here) assault on law abiding citizens because of misuse by the bad-guys. Now you can see just how far that mentality can dig into the personal rights of the average citizen. Banning airguns for crying out loud ..... lol. Have they outlawed the toy cap pistols yet? If anyone says "yes", I have to admit that I will not be shocked or surprised in the least.