Switch from treestand to ground hunting?

regulat0r

Do u use them? If so, which one? I feel like they would be restricting. Can you shoot 360 degrees? Thx.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I did this year for deer and shot a doe towards the end of the season out of one during muzzle season. I have the basic hub type Ameristep blinds purchased at gander for about 150 each and the footprint is roughly 60x60 inch i thinks. You can shoot 360 if you keep all the windows around you cracked/open for viewing the woods although i back mine up to heavy briar patches/swamp thickets on my property and keep the back window shut for even better concealement, the black backdrop hides you nicely especially for turkey where you want to be extra stealthy. I have used them for turkey hunting now for years and have set them up near roosted birds in the evening and come back in the a.m. and sneak in and the birds dont seem to have an issue with them, i have called birds to 30 feet of a blind many times the morning after setting them up the prior evening, deer on the other hand need time to get used to them.

I have grown rather fond of blind hunting because of the comfort level, you can stretch out, pour coffee, get up and pee in a bottle and have a game come by you 40 seconds later because it never saw you doing all that.

I ordered my first ground blind a few days ago,will be here via fedex today. Hub type,the Turret XL from Killzone. On their site it's $125/free ship and I found they also had a store on fleaby and it was better priced there for $109.99 free ship. It's 72x72x 64"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130804523607?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I plan on using it on the ground and on a raised 12' platform.

I've used "turkey hunting" tactics on several occasions with great success...I'm a caller so I'm never quiet in the woods, either rattling, grunting or fawn bleating, depending on what I want to shoot...So I'll use my turkey seat and set up next to a big tree looking into the wind. Once had a doe come in from behind me and walk past me at 10 feet during ML season one year...She was so concerned for the fawn she heard bleating she paid absolutely no attention to me.

I ordered my first ground blind a few days ago,will be here via fedex today. Hub type,the Turret XL from Killzone. On their site it's $125/free ship and I found they also had a store on fleaby and it was better priced there for $109.99 free ship. It's 72x72x 64"

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

I thought about putting my blind on a platform i have. I only wanted to be 6 ft high maybe but also wondering if i would have more room if i built walls and left my blind where it is. so many thoughts so many decisions . .

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

yea i checked my Ameristeps...called the brickhouse, 72x72 by 66 high, and they can be had for 130 now...its like alittle room in there..

WOW you wear orange and actually see deer! Then you move and they stand there? I want to hunt THOSE deer. I guess growing up hunting amongst an orange army with deer on SUPER HIGH ALERT is quite different. I had 3 does sneaking by once and the last one sneezed, the other 2 jumped 6 feet in the air and if deer can give the stink eye that sneezer got 4 of them. I've been conditioned, so much as blink and they were outa' there. Good hunting. And I've never been able to do the not eat meat thing either Dude just passing on some interesting, tested info.