500' ?

Red

last week i gained permission to hunt a few acre piece of land in east aurrora i was gonna go out in an hr or 2 and hang a stand its in a resideniatl area the woods are really thick is there anyway i can pull up pics or an arial view to see if ill be able to get 500'from all houses and roads?

If you use the GIS maps that are on the tax id maps then it even gives you GPS corridinates.I use the oswego county one all te time.You can try this link or do some more searching for GIS maps erie county. or erie county tax maps,

You can click on the info tab then click on the land and get all the info about the land owner for each parcel.

http://gis1.erie.gov/GC/ErieCountyNY/default.htm

Edited by arrow nocker

200 yards ..... may I suggest that you do your best to locate what direction each of the houses are and try not to shoot in that direction. Hopefully all shots will be down toward the ground since you will be up in a tree. Even at that I suspect there will be some real nervous neighbors in that area if you happen to touch off around .... lol. They probably are not used to hearing guns going off in that kind of close-in range. There may be a few spilled cups of coffee .... lol. :scared:

• Like 1

Lol. My boss says she hears shots off in the distance some times. I told her I was gonna bring my bow and hunt there to be respectful to the neighbors. She said her and most of her neighbors are fed up with the der eating their plants andbushes so after a hunt or 2 with the bow I might try and talk to theneigbors and see how they feel about my hunting with my muzzle loader in there. Its really thick most shots would be probably under 50 yards

• Like 1

I made it out to easttoday during my lunch break snuck in and had5 big doe and one small one 30 yrds rom me they trotted away. While hanging my stand they came trotting back in I'm all set to get atleast 4 or 5 afternoon sits in there with the bow befor deer season is over