Gander used gun buy

ants

I see that Gander Mountain is advertising a big used gun buying event, from Dec. 7 to the 10th. Bring in your unwanted guns and get cash for them............

Don't wast your time and gas. The most they will give you is 50% of the guns resale value, even on a trade. You are way better off trying to sell it on this sight, the internet or the swap sheet.....Don't let the Gander Goose ya!!!!!

well yeah, any shop isnt going to pay you what a person to person sale will, after all they still want to make some money off the deal as well

Right ..... but 50% at best????? A few months ago Gander was paying 30%... I know they need to make money but ?????? I talked with a guy that works the gun Dept. at the local Gander. He told me that since they boosted their % to 50 their used gun sales are down over 60%.

The whole Point is don't get boned. sell your gun here, or internet or swap sheet...etc..etc.. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I just brought my 30-06 in to gander mountain in October paid a little over $300 for it a year and a half ago. I put 10 rounds threw it at the range when I first bought it and it never left the safe again. $300 plus the scope and rings that were added after I bought it that cost around $150. I figured they would offer me $200-$250 for it. They offered me $130 for it I told them it would sit in the safe and collect dust for anything less then $200 and left. I knew bringing it there I would take a loss but I wasn't willing to take that much of a loss. So it will sit in the safe until I give it to a relative or decide to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Yeah....I mentioned this in other posts but, over the summer I was thinking about trading in a pistol for a different model. My gun was a year old, in perfect condition and cost $700 new. They offered me $280. I laughed and decided to keep it.

Another good way to sell a gun is to write up an ad and tack it to the bulletin board of the local gun club(s) Someone is always looking.