3M and 3J ?

sits in trees

The deer numbers are without a doubt DOWN in northern Orange and lower Ulster. Fields are empty at night, nothing on the trailcams, not hearing any shots even on weekends, my food plots are all but abandoned. Was this the DECs plan by giving out record numbers of doe permits for the last 2 decades in 3M and 3J. They should atleast stop giving out our doe permits to none residents the way they do. Man the Doe Permit thing has been a freeforall here for too long and it really is starting to show! My muzzleloader has been collecting dust for the last 3 years, not even worth headin out towards the end of the season anymore....Did the DEC make some under the table deal with the auto insurers or something?????

I hurt 3M & 3J. I have a big EMPTY freezer. Saw 2 deer opening day, and that was it. They give out nusiance permits too. Just for the asking. I feel they are trying to knock off all deer in the area, due to us city folk building houses up there, and commuting to the city every day.

Hey man how long is your commute into the city from there? Do you go into midtown or downtown?

sent from my carrier pigeons....

Hey man how long is your commute into the city from there? Do you go into midtown or downtown?

I don't commute, but I am a city guy, and live in the city. But I know many many people who do the 90 minute commute. They take their NYC high paying jobs, and build a mansion for $200,000 in Orange County.