Hunting Big Foot In NY

AaronBlaine

You have a point there ,Aaron...If all of those hundreds of mountain lions that people report seeing can exist with no physical evidence other than eye witness reports, an animal with much HIGHER intelligence, like a sasquatch, should be able to exist in fairly large numbers without detection...

Shucks, there may be THOUSANDS of them out there...I suspect that a large number of them voted for Obama......

If they voted for Obama then they wouldn't be much of a "HIGHER" intelligence.LOL.

not for nothing but i went to sterling forest state park and i parked at 430 and there was a huge pond next to the parking spot. I got out to use the jiffy john and while i was dropping some steam i hear this loud curplunk which wasnt my loaf! I clean up and go outside in the pitch black heavy fog too. All the sudden splooosh another huuuge splash in the pond to my left. So lound it startled the hell outta me! So naturally i loaded up the rifle after thinking about this post lol. Weird part was if it was an animal running in the water i would have heard it run out they were just realllly loud splashes and that was it like the sound it makes when you toss a boulder in the water it was crazy! Could have been other hunters messing around but who would do that not to mention there was noooooooone else in that park i got in with no traffic way to early...after being lost in the woods for 10 hours blowing out my back and knees for trailblazing into the middle of god knows where. I can surely say i would have sent every round i had into that bad boy! And i would have strapped em on the hood harry and the henderson style!

not for nothing but i went to sterling forest state park and i parked at 430 and there was a huge pond next to the parking spot. I got out to use the jiffy john and while i was dropping some steam i hear this loud curplunk which wasnt my loaf! I clean up and go outside in the pitch black heavy fog too. All the sudden splooosh another huuuge splash in the pond to my left. So lound it startled the hell outta me! So naturally i loaded up the rifle after thinking about this post lol. Weird part was if it was an animal running in the water i would have heard it run out they were just realllly loud splashes and that was it like the sound it makes when you toss a boulder in the water it was crazy! Could have been other hunters messing around but who would do that not to mention there was noooooooone else in that park i got in with no traffic way to early...after being lost in the woods for 10 hours blowing out my back and knees for trailblazing into the middle of god knows where. I can surely say i would have sent every round i had into that bad boy! And i would have strapped em on the hood harry and the henderson style!

I would be willing to bet what you heard was a thing that beavers do with their tail. In fact I'm almost positive from the description you gave that that's what it was. When they get scared or just plain irritated, they slam that tail on the surface of the water and make a heck of a rackett. I don't know exactly why they do that unless it's supposed to be a warning to other beavers of the colony.

• Like 1

I betcha it was a beaver slapping it's tail on the water telling ya to get outa there.

Doc, ya beat me to it!

Yeah, the durn things !!

I do quite a lot of walleye fishing on a local small river, and the bank beavers seem to take pleasure in swimming right out into the middle of the hole where I am fishing and slapping thier tails..Walleyes are very spooky and don't react well to such things.

I have threatened to shoot them, but they don't seem to take me seriously...

hahahaaa yea you know what you guys are absolutely right! There were beavers all over the place and i almost soiled my cammies when a tree came down 100 yards away from where i was sitting in the swamp area. lol its amazing what they are able to cut down it was a full size huuuuge tree shook the ground and my manhood!