Ordered my christmas present today!!!

The wife told me to get myself a christmas present so I went all out. I have never had a NEW deer rifle, every centerfire rifle of mine was either my father's that he gave me or I bought used. So I went to the local gun shop and picked out a new browning x bolt micro hunter in 7mm-08 with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 bdc. I should be picking it up on tuesday or wednesday of next week and have to wait until christmas to actually play with it. I can't wait. Next up is an AR to try my hand at sniping coyotes and plinking but that may have to wait until my birthday unless I find a good deal on one or have some extra funds between now and then.

• Like 1

Great rifle and a great present. Only problem is when she shows you HER receipt for what she bought for HERSELF, take a couple of excedrin. Congrats.

And thats why I don't feel bad about buying a gun once in a while, she out spends me all year and I try to catch back up in a couple guns here and there..lol

Sounds like a nice rig, Noah...Is that your first 7mm08 ? You'll love the caliber..Light recoil and great performance on game.

I'm also a fan of walnut and blued steel...

Never had a Browning rifle, but I sure like thier shotguns.I have a Citori 12 gauge field grade and a Belgian A-5 light 20..

Great rifle and a great present. Only problem is when she shows you HER receipt for what she bought for HERSELF, take a couple of excedrin. Congrats.

I have already seen her receipt and thats why I wont hesitate if I find a good deal on an AR. She bought herself a new wedding ring set for x-mas. and that was just The big present. If they would of had a flat top optics ready AR I probably would be picking that up next week too.

Sounds like a nice rig, Noah...Is that your first 7mm08 ? You'll love the caliber..Light recoil and great performance on game.

I'm also a fan of walnut and blued steel...

Never had a Browning rifle, but I sure like thier shotguns.I have a Citori 12 gauge field grade and a Belgian A-5 light 20..

Yes it is my first 7mm-08. I have a .243,30-30, and the 30/06 I traded for the 7mm08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I still need to find an optic of some sort for the Windham. I am trying to decide between scope, reflex sight, or both. it will mainly be used for target, plinking, and to start coyote hunting. so I might just keep the 7mm-08 out to play with.

Edited by noahmstone