Is anybody on here a Measurer for SCI?

BizCT

Don't know yet. Before I tried to locate a scorer, I figured I would try on here. Maybe it will go top 100 or top 10? I have no idea. Gotta have beetles clean it up first.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

On the SCI website under the "records" you can do a zip code search for a measurer.....

I can tell you from looking at the paper they send, that Carl Pepi and over in Middletown....Bob Vitro..... always enter animals every month. Google them up as taxidermists.

The paper lists who the measurer is and how many animals for a two month period they have submitted for hunters.

But lots of regular members are measurers too......I took the class when I did the convention the first time in 2005; but I didn't buy the book kit needed and ended it there. Just for my own personal info to get a better idea on judging animals one is not familiar with.

Another suggestion would be to email records dept at home SCI and they can send you a updated list (but convention time is here and they are REALLY busy right now....but you have to wait for drying anyway)

Or

Email up the Tri States chapter and someone may be able to direct you to a local member. My taxidermist up in N. Dutchess does about hundred and change for entries every year....Frank Zitz.

I think that Arjun Reddy in Brewster....a small hunt booking agent.....is a measurer. IIRC.....not sure.

I just tossed my last newspaper mailing and don't save them, otherwise I'd look for a couple for you....they list who has taken the course recent.

Oh......and I'm just a lowly carpenter and a life member of SCI.......I figure if I rub shoulder enough, the money will rub off!LOL

Like any group, there are a bunch of stuff shirts, but the local chapters do some good work. And the convention they put on is very cool for someone looking to travel and hunt.....easy worth the time and expense to attend if you are looking to drop some serious money on an overseas hunt. JMHO

LOL Lawdawz is he good?

Master Finish Carpenter might be an understatement. Honestly.....

AND he can do probably do anything he put his mind to. I would think that nothing would scare him. Google "finish carpenter" The top of the heap IMO.

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

Some pics of work he did for me. As my old buddy Wally used to say and would say "he's no dumb bell"!!

Let a guy like me run the hammer, let Dinsdale run the tape measure, saws, chisel & drill.

Thanks for info, Dinsdale.

Yes, I know I have to become a member before getting it measured. I don't have any other animals that would qualify for SCI, and no other record books measure Bobcats. To me, it will be worth the $ to become a member, get it officially measured and see where it ranks, and get my medallion plaque, etc.

Biz,

Is'nt a bobcat a simple box score like a bear skull? Length + width? why would hyou need it official until you found out what it scored yourself? If it doesn't make it then don't persue it.

Yes, it is.

It will definitely make the books. Just a question of how high. Once the beetles clean it up, I should have an idea of how high, but will still have it done "officially".

Thanks for info, Dinsdale.

Yes, I know I have to become a member before getting it measured. I don't have any other animals that would qualify for SCI, and no other record books measure Bobcats. To me, it will be worth the $ to become a member, get it officially measured and see where it ranks, and get my medallion plaque, etc.

I've never done any of the awards stuff.....

I'm close on their "pigs of the world" at the entry copper level(bushpig,warthog,euro boar,javalina) just need a collared peccary at some point, and may fill that one in someday just for $hits and giggles......my lasting (only?) mark on the hunting world. LOL

For what a membership costs, the glossy magazine has some good stories in it and is better than it was, say 5 years ago........still lots of ads, but I know a few of the contributors once in a while from other forums/personal, and had one of my hunts published a few years ago......pays $25. Har Har.

Then they have the newspaper also that is included, that has a few articles and some chapter news stuff.

I joined as you have to be a member to attend the convention.......they had a great deal on life time membership at the time and I figured attending 5 times would pay for it. (I've done 3 so far, and booked a hunt each time and bought an auction hunt twice.)

They have been trying to clean up the board a bit from with in.......lots of shady dealings, rumours going on from what I read. And trying to put some teeth into the ethics commitee which would be a good thing. They finally banned a bunch of shady characters who should have never been allowed to participate in the first place and frankly gives them a black eye.

Lots of big ego's involved and that does make it a bit of a stuff shirt club; but frankly I'm more interested in overseas hunting and there are a bunch of ordinary members to meet and talk with....

Like the NRA....they are not perfect.....but I don't think there is a group that is and I take it for the good not bad. JMO

Hope the cat skull cleans up good and scores well.....