ALL 10+ SHOT MAGAZINES ARE GONE

so then you will be loading 7 into a 10 rd mag at some point

That's it! Also, please remember they only targeted "CLIPS" not revolvers or tubular magazines, these ARE NOT CLIPS. So, a revolver that has a 9 shot revolving drum or a tubular magazine on rifles or shotguns or FIXED rifle round holder is perfectly legal. So you can see that if you really wanted to keep that more than 7 round clip, whether 10 shot or 15 shot, just weld it to the gun or use JB Weld.......once welded on it is no longer a "CLIP". :-) It is now a magazine!!

you wont be limited to a revolver. what makes you think that ?

That's why I wanted to clarify on the 7 round limit rule. If I can still purchase a semi-auto pistol that can accept more than 7 rounds in the future. What you guys are telling, looks like I still can.

I want to get a semi-auto. If I'm completely limited to a revolver then there's no point in me getting a CC.

You can still go semi auto, and can buy one with up to a 10 round mag until April 14th, after that, it has to be a 7 round mag. What I was saying was that NEW 10+ round mags have been banned in NY since 94, so you couldnt have bought a NEW Glock with a 15 rounder between 94 and the passage of NYSAFE anyway.

I really recommend reading the entire law, whether it is poorly written or not, or if it leads you to further question, is not the point. THIS is the law now (until it gets repealed - good luck). You will find the law very interesting. Again, for those that may not have read my earlier post...I have again attached the entire law for your bathroom reading!