There was a local one here on Long island in Huntington. Of course the article about it included false-hoods.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/towns/gun-rights-advocates-rally-in-huntington-1.4476222

Here's one example of the journalistic idocy.

"Many of Saturday's participants vocally opposed and held signs against the new state gun laws, especially the restriction of ammunition magazines to seven bullets from the national standard of 10."

I stand corrected. Someone with more political rally experience in Albany informed me that a normal crowd on 2nd A day is about 3500. He estimated that today's crowd was more like 10,000. I don't know either way but the west lawn of the capitol was filled.

I was also at Niagara Square. I have been very busy since and haven't seen any numbers on turn out but it looked pretty good.

I could only hang around for about 90 minutes but was impressed with things.

It'll be interesting to see what the Buffalo News has to say about it tomorrow.

Hey Red.....did you see the dude that wants the fork banned? He was over by the Pine Hill trucks when I saw him.

It looks like your pics were to the right of the speakers (east of city hall) and the guy was right over there. I thought of taking his picture but he was a bit nutty......<grin>

I took some pics with my Iphone but don't know how to load them here, YET!

I was on the side where the pine hill trucks were I finally just figured out how to upload a pic with my iPhone these dam phones are over complicated I can't stand it. I had to go to ad reply and full version then more reply options

I'll see if I can figure it out in the morning. I ended up wrapping 75 pounds of venison sausage after I got back today and after yesterdays excitement I'm about done for the night.......................!

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1