Boycott

Every sportsman in NY should not buy a license in NY until this oppressive law in NY pertaining to Gun control is repealed or changed to reflect the interest of law abiding citizens. The only thing Albany understands is the sound of a cash register.

hunting license? if thats what your talking about i can tell you right now it aint gonna happen.... i AM gonna hunt in NY this year and am NOT a fan of hunting without a license... (i believe we had a thread on this a few weeks ago)

also please introduce yourself and become a member of this community before you go starting threads of this nature... Thanks

and........... Welcome to the Forum!!!

actually guys it doesnt sound like a bad idea..then lets soak our underwear in battery acid for a few hours before wearing them

at least hes thinking of stuff, although hurting something hunters have been working hard for years to revive in this country doesnt sound like a good idea

I beg to differ.. I am not an anti. Have been a shooter for 50 years and hunter for a long time. I am sorry if it was a bad idea but it is not like a checked out any threads that have been here before and for that I apoligize, I really did not know I needed an introduction either. Just felt oppressed by NY and was hoping to generate some kind of action to reverse this bull that has been happening. It would be helpful for those who think it is a bad idea to explain or post a link to the thread

• Like 1

I beg to differ.. I am not an anti. Have been a shooter for 50 years and hunter for a long time. I am sorry if it was a bad idea but it is not like a checked out any threads that have been here before and for that I apoligize, I really did not know I needed an introduction either. Just felt oppressed by NY and was hoping to generate some kind of action to reverse this bull that has been happening. It would be helpful for those who think it is a bad idea to explain or post a link to the thread

Well then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. In the past, someone had create accounts and immediate post topics that try to elicit information for anti hunting purposes.

Short answer: Yes

In any forum, if you don't know why a 1st time posters words are not exactly trusted, you haven't been on the internet much.

I guess giving the benefit of the doubt does not apply to you either then? I'm sure glad you don't own or run this forum, with the attitude that you have, every new member with 1/2 a brain would be turned off by your comments.

I responded to the first person that jumped down his throat. That happened to be you. I don't think anyone, including Elmo should attack any new member that joins these forums, regardless of post count and if they are a supporting member or not. At least Elmo has the decency to acknowledge.

It would seem that you're caught up on post count and "Internet status" and quick to be on the defensive when it cones to someone speaking out against your hostility towards a new member, or anything you believe in. Are you always hot headed like that in person too?

No, I've just seen way too many internet trolls.

I already posted something on ekp's intro thread, which seemed a better place than here. I also took the time to search the forums and find the other two threads he asked about.

As for "attacking" him...really? I think you might exaggerating a little bit there. Follow some of my, lets call them, "forum minority viewpoint posts" if you want to see "attacking". :lol:

Edited by Sogaard

ekp-

Sorry about the semi-rough reception to your first topic. People don't understand that there are new members appearing here everyday, and this may often result in duplicate threads. It happens. No harm - no foul.

But anyway, let me suggest an alternate suggestion. Rather than trying to take out our rath about gun legislation on a state department that has had no part in this legislation (DEC), why not target specifically those that have caused this nonsense to become law ..... The politicians that voted in favor of this piece of crap law. It's time to dog them suckers. bury them in e-mails and letters. Let them know that their vote for this law has cost them your vote. Work hard to get them defeated in teh next election. Just before the elections, fill the editorial page with reminders about their positive vote for this legislation. Re-submit more e-mails and letters and phone calls reminding them that they lost you vote and spurred you on towork against their re-election. And then after you have done all the public damage that a person can to their campaign, follow through and vote for their opposition. Oh, and by the way, even if you deem their opposition to be even worse, vote for the opposition. The act is to punish those that have voted for this law. first you tell them what you are going to do, and then you do it. If even most of us were to do that, I believe that we would have an impact on the election, and a valuable lesson will have been learned by anyone thinking of voting for anti-gun legislation.

• Like 1

Boycotting wouldn't work for me . I have a Lifetime license and at 71 don't have to pay for the Archery or ML tags or any hunting tags . No need to buy ammo as I am all set . The only cost I have is for the gas I use to drive to a hunting spot .

I guess the big hurt I could put on by Boycotting would be I wouldn't be spending $2 for a coffee and doughnut on the way to my hunting spot .