Police Chiefs Support New Gun Laws

Police "Chiefs" do not reflect the opinions of the rank and file. Never have, never will. But did you note all the agencies (mostly out west) that state they will not support or enforce any more federal gun laws? They would be "Chiefs" or the equivelent as well.

The sheriff is the highest law enforcement official at the local level. Mack & Printz v US. This ruling also stated that sheriff's ARE NOT subject to federal direction, and may run counter to any federal "orders." As glad as I am to see true patriots in the law enforcement profession finally standing up to the over-reaching, brutal arm of the federal gestapo, this situation is going to get ugly. Anyone else remember what the feds did to Louisiana when they refused to raise the drinking age to 21? They cut off ALL federal highway funding. The roads in Louisiana were in such a state of disrepair before they agreed to raise the drinking age they were actually unsafe. That's your government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Do as you're told or we'll put your citizens lives at risk by withholding funding for roads until they are actually dangerous to drive on. This is the approach the feds will take on these matters as well. All federal law enforcement fund matching will be cut -- which personally I'm in favor of. It's unlikely it will stop there as places like Utah and Idaho and Wyoming don't have the massive paramilitary police apparatuses that States like NY, IL, and CA do. So they'll have to find somewhere else to hurt the States who refuse. My guess is it will be cuts in education funding. Sort of like "Oh, you won't listen to me? Fine, I'll punish your kids."

You heard it here first.

just cause the police "chief" supports it dont mean his officers are gonna listen if he says "boys today your gonna go grab guns" esp if they know they might be met by a fight... the chief is not like a sheriff who has power to refuse to obey fed laws (i think, correct me if im wrong)

Police CHIEFS are political appointees that get where they are by kissing the azzes of the elected officials they serve. Do you expect them to say anything that would go against their political benefactors? Of course not. They won't bite the hands that feed them.

The line officers, on the other hand are more free to speak honestly, and they do not support gun bans against law abiding gun owners!

• Like 1

Federally...There seems to be a lot of support for the bill.. I did NOT read the article,, but I was TOLD that the POPE was in favor of the President's stance on gun control...It was allegedly in a newspaper last week.

Also, there is also some kind of newly formed group of mothers against guns, and the antis seem , for the first time in years, to be getting some organization..

I'm sure you're all aware that the NRA came out heavily against the Candidate Obama and then the now Re elected President Obama. They campaigned hard against him and he still got elected. so now many politicians have no fear of the NRA anymore.This has been the topic of conversation recently. I believe that It gave strength to the antis,..... Could it be ...Less fear..less power ???

New York State...Aren't sheriff's political ? I thought that they were elected . Are most of the New York Counties opposed, or in favor of the State laws.

If there are criminal penalties for violations of these new laws(I haven't read the law), won't the NY State Police step in and enforce the law. Do they even have to, BY LAW, tell a local sheriff when they have enforcement actions in their county, or is it just a courtesy that they do.I suspect that it is a courtesy.

Regardless of how an individual officer thinks, "If" it IS a New York State criminal law, he/she must enforce the law, or suffer the consequences of his/her actions.

How many police officers will take a chance of internal punishment, or even winding up on the unemployment lines because he/she doesn't like a law. .

Police Chiefs are politicians. They have to be to keep their jobs. Even if the most bare bones, no nonsense street cop rises through the ranks to eventually become chief, he instantly becomes a politician serving to the pleasure of the mayor, governor etc. They will go with the political flow.

Everything Greybeard says is true, and that is why it's called the "Legal System" and not the "JUSTICE System". It's all legal, but there is no Justice!

Jury Nullification of any prosecutions under this law is our best hope if it isn't overturned in the courts.

• Like 2

Everything Greybeard says is true, and that is why it's called the "Legal System" and not the "JUSTICE System". It's all legal, but there is no Justice!

Jury Nullification of any prosecutions under this law is our best hope if it isn't overturned in the courts.

This is what I've been saying. Great to hear another like-minded individual. Our best offense in this situation is education of the ignorant. Unfortunately, this being NY we face an incredible battle of ideas. We must all do our best to try and convince those we know who are on the fence how wrong this new law really is.

Also, we must make a concerted effort to engage in civil disobedience by refusing to comply with this blatantly unjust legislation. I fear however, that King Andrew will bring the full force of the state to bear against the first few, in order to intimidate the rest of us into compliance. This is just the beginning, and it is going to get very ugly.

I'm sure you're all aware that the NRA came out heavily against the Candidate Obama and then the now Re elected President Obama. They campaigned hard against him and he still got elected. so now many politicians have no fear of the NRA anymore.This has been the topic of conversation recently. I believe that It gave strength to the antis,..... Could it be ...Less fear..less power ???

I think there have been some actions lately that will galvanize the gun owning community to finally see the need for organized action. Some of the membership gains in recent weeks indicate that. It all has come too late for the presidential election, but there may be an awful lot of politicians that will be shocked in their attempts at re-election. Perhaps, in the long-run, Cuomo did us all a favor with his extremist set of gun laws. He and Obama just may be serving as the catalyst to focus a very severe backlash on the anti-gun candidates.