Getting more letters back...

Ok maybe the Ms. baffled you...That would Senator Catharine Young...though she doesn't sign her letters Senator Young...

You know one of the ppl you should have been writing to over the gun laws...One of the representatives from NYS whose name should by now be familiar to everyone....

Ok maybe the Ms. baffled you...That would Senator Catharine Young...though she doesn't sign her letters Senator Young...

You know one of the ppl you should have been writing to over the gun laws...One of the representatives from NYS whose name should by now be familiar to everyone....

Grow, I love you for you. And, I mean that. Your participation is often useful and I often learn some random woodsman/woodswomanship from your on-point posts (ex. the native browse you plant). It's these off-point ones with zero context or the ones where you go off on a tangent that kill us.

Would it have killed you to originally say you wrote to Senator so and so about X topic, and that you got a response, and this is what it said? It would have generated meaningful discussion on some level. Worse yet, you posted it in the general chit chat and not the political section; thereby, nobody had a clue you wrote to a senator. Ms. Young could have been a baker, a NYS psychologist, a terrorist, or anyone of the 6 BILLION people on earth. To compound the leap even more, Ms. Young is a pretty common reference. Like Ms. Johnson, Ms. Brown, Ms. Smith.

Edited by phade

Did you take note you were the one to not ask but jump in with a nasty comment....no one other than you....Though I will apologize that you didn't remember I did mention on the forums I'd been writing and had got some e-mails back....I also didn't realize a 35 word comment constituted a.....what was that?...

tangent

I'll spare you the dictionary...but do your self a favor and please look it up

Edited by growalot

phade, that's e.g. not ex. BTW (comes from old latin exempli gratia) and I love you for you too...LOL

"Ex." may be used to refer to a cited example, eg "See ex. 3"...

Both are acceptable.

Edited by phade

Did you take note you were the one to not ask but jump in with a nasty comment....no one other than you....Though I will apologize that you didn't remember I did mention on the forums I'd been writing and had got some e-mails back....I also didn't realize a 35 word comment constituted a.....what was that?...

I'll spare you the dictionary...but do your self a favor and please look it up

Exactly my point Grow. Link to where you mentioned it or respond in the thread where you did mention it. People don't follow when you start a story midway in a new thread. I never knew you wrote to Ms. Young. I bet the majority of users don't, either.

• Like 1

If you ever come up to Rochester, I'll buy you a beer and we can not make sense!

Phade, although I'm not big on beer, I'll take you up on the offer one day if and when I'm in the area. You're a riot and a gentleman around here.

Grow, I too am curious of the contents of the 3 page response.

• Like 1

The letter mentioned being proud to raise her hand in a no vote....talked of the Conn. and Webster tragedies and went on to say and I quote "But we know that a real problem in both of these horrific cases was untreated mental illness."

She then talked more about the two shooters and how William Spengler never had any follow up treatment after his releaseeven though he was a violent convicted felon.

Mentioned how Cuomo in a December radio show said that confiscation of firearms from legal gun owners could be an option...That she under lined.

That over the past 3 years over 10,500 illegal guns have been confiscated in NYC alone

She urged me to exercise my 1st amendment rights and raise my voice to let Coumo know his policies are wrong...then gave me his office # 1-518-474-8390 and gave me the web address

She said there are legal challenges being made and hopefully he will be over turned.

Ended with the standard niceties and stated she will always oppose any efforts to erode our second amendment rights...

Honest mixed message mistake.... no apologies needed but.... thank you

PS.... she did a lot of under lining ...she also made clear the point it was all done in the middle of the night with no public input ...

I quote...."It passed in a matter of minutes without any time to even read the bill."

Edited by growalot