Best laid plans....

I'm sitting here finishing an early lunch...having gone out and Taken down...... cleaned...... refueled and oiled the saw ...I fine tuned the bar tensioned...She started on second pull...Love my Sthil...Put the guard back on, ready to go!...ahuh....the skies opened up in the first step into drive...lol :fie:

Done with my venison soup lunch and the rain has stopped...we'll be trying this again!

Well 6 trees and by the time I got back to the house...every thing I was wearing looked like I pulled it out of the washer before the spin cycle! COLD..... winter rain is worse than snow for cold...snow doesn't soak in as well....LOL now the saw is drying out in my kitchen

Looks like today's warm weather will be a bust as well...winds howled all night and have picked up this a.m......With the widow makers I've spotted out there.....no woods time for me today...but the deer hit the trees I hinged yesterday near the plots...Good day for weekly shopping and car wash...

PS....Speaking of widow makers...it's that time of year to remind ppl ..when out and about in the woods...be looking up and ahead... I've seen some real pile drivers out there this year and dangling by mere twigs...but most of all .......ppl with kids and woods or kids friends with woods....make them very a where of the dangers they wouldn't normally look for...Take care

I often read this section and love all the great info it provides me. I have a question I was thinking about daikon radishes this year do I need a large area when do I plant where would I find the seeds. I can tell from the posts that people on here like them. any info appreciated thanks.

I planted a very small area 180ft x 40ft of them but at the end of another 1/2 acre plot...the deer are still hitting them...it was new ground so relative low PH...and I planted WR with it.that worked out very well...The radish handle browsing very well. As of yesterday the bulbs that they did not eat had fresh greens in the crowns? I question that because they will die back some after several frosts and are suppose to rot in the long freezing winter...not all of mine did. We have had extended -0 temps this winter...... Don't know your area...but try to find a "real" farm store. One that supply fertilizer and seed to farms...or try on line but shipping is funny. With Welters seed...they will pack a flat rate box with seed...but some seeds have a surcharge added...Read the sight and or call them ...They are very helpful and friendly