Got my Lime Spread Today

I took advantage of the relatively bare, frozen ground and had 11 tons of Hi mag lime spread today over about 5 acres..It adjoins another 3 acre plot that I had limed and planted to clover 3 years ago.

I'll be picking the brains of you food plot gurus when it comes to fertilizing and planting. One of my neighbors is going to fit up the ground and plant for me as long as I pay the expenses.. He has more equiptment than me and his TRACTOR is bigger..<<smile>>...

• Like 1

It is old hayfield that has not had lime in YEARS and YEARS. We've kept it cut, but it's mostly goldenrod , mustard and other weeds.

I did a soil test and the guy at Agway said it was about as lime-deficient as soil can get.

Several people I talked to recommended the 2 tons per acre.

Growie... I have a total of about 8 acres to plant, including the part I had previously planted to clover..I plan to continue (and renew) the clover, but I'd like to put in some other stuff too, and I'm open to suggestions..I've read a lot about brassicas/turnips/radishes, but I don't know much about them.. I worked on farms as a kid and have some basic knowledge about planting grain crops such as buckwheat, corn, wheat and oats..

Phade..That's kind of what I had in mind..

It does sound like fun, except for the part where I reach for my WALLET...LOL...

Fortunately, I have a couple of buddies who have permission to hunt the property that have offered to split the expenses..

Careful on that Pygmy...I've seen several ppl loose friendships that way...just something to ponder...

Strip planting is a good thing...just search different sources to find and compare prices and shipping.....I got enough power plant seed to plant 2 acres for 79.00...no tax no shipping..50.00lbs...whats that...1.58 lb

All I wanna' know is how many hunts do you have and are they set up for a lefty?

Ease off, Larry...

Growie just told me to be CAUTIOUS of guys like you..

My ex-wife was a leftie, so I have an AVERSION to those poor , wrong handed perverts...

Lime, lime, lime. Ugh. I only do a half acre, and so far it has gobbled up 2400 pounds of pelletized lime. (Have to use that) Sheesh. It is in the rear of the property and done with an atv spreader. The spreader took a crap this year, need another one. It was ony 2 years old.

Now this year I am going to expand, another half acre, Split into two small plots closer to the front of the property. Guess I am going to be buying lots of lime. All in good fun though ;)