Gun engraving

One thing to consider..If you have personalized engraving, like your name, initials, etc. it may adversly affect the resale value of the firearm, unless you happen to be Teddy Roosevelt or Jack O'Connor...

Lots of good advice in that post. I have one rifle with my name in the floor plate, and a spare blank one that can be used to replace it if I ever sell the gun.

Some modest scroll work can be had on the relative low cost end of the market, once animals are involved and depending on style.......the prices climb pretty fast.

There are a few places that do laser stuff now; results I have seen are hit and miss.

There is also machine cut, but that tends to be at the manufacturing level.

Google people who engrave firearms,alot will show up and display there work, it will give you some ideas what to have done,unless you never plan on selling it or passing it down I would not have your name or other ID put on it, it will just kill the value of it.

Lots of good advice in that post. I have one rifle with my name in the floor plate, and a spare blank one that can be used to replace it if I ever sell the gun.

Some modest scroll work can be had on the relative low cost end of the market, once animals are involved and depending on style.......the prices climb pretty fast.

There are a few places that do laser stuff now; results I have seen are hit and miss.

There is also machine cut, but that tends to be at the manufacturing level.

Yeah i have two separate detachable mags for the gun so i'm not worried about getting something that decreases value, i also don't sell guns so value doesn't much matter to me. I was thinking about getting a remington R engraved into it with some scroll work around it because i am a die hard remington fan.