Heading for South Bristol tomorrow

fasteddie

Heading for South Bristol tomorrow to meet up with my oldest son and put up a couple of ladder stands . The property is off Rt 21 on the lake side . I usually hit that spot about twice a year . It's about a 48 mile drive for me but about a 22 mile drive for my son . The property is around old overgrown vinyards .

We put up 3 ladder stands and did some trimming . My son debated whether or not he was going to hunt that property this year and figured he would since it's only about 20 miles from where he moved to . I got pretty wet as I changed from a heavier waterproof jacket to a lighter non rain jacket . I set up a Dog House Blind also while we were there . I was cutting those damned multi-floral roses up and down one trail . I hate those things !

I was cutting those damned multi-floral roses up and down one trail . I hate those things !

Did they get ya?? Don't you just love the way those thorns are shaped so that they just dig in deeper as you pull back? Just the perfect "man-trap". ;D

Doc

I cut as many as I could along the trail down the hill . It was slippery and if it was this way going to the stand to hunt , I didn't want to get tangled up when I go down to hunt . I caught one of them across the nose and I am taking blood thinner so I bled for a while .