So how does this affect...

Guys that use a flash or head light to get to their stands? You have to carry your compound in a case to the stand? or if you have across bow at some future date....You need to try and re string your long or recurve in the dark or in the stand?

d.  The  use upon land inhabited by deer or bear of a jacklight, spot-   37  light or other type of artificial light by  any  person  who  is  or  is   38  accompanied  by  a person who is in possession, at the time of such use,   39  of a long bow, a crossbow or firearm of any kind, shall  be  presumptive   40  evidence  that  such person is hunting deer or bear with the aid of such   41  light, in violation of this subdivision, unless:   42    (1) such long bow is unstrung, or such a firearm OR CROSSBOW is  taken   43  down,  or securely fastened in a case, or locked in the trunk of a vehi-   44  cle, 

I usually can walk in the dead of night and still find my stand because i have been hunting the same place for 4 years in a row. If i had to i would hesitate using a light because no one would see me and it would be a safety aspect. I know its wrong to say that i would do it if no one would see but a lot of people speed when there are no cops in the area. 

I think we have covered this in the Bubba days.  I'm not to worried about it, if I need a flashlight to get in or out I'll use it.  ENCON has bigger issues to deal with IMO.

This is commonsense law.

exactly, not geared towards the guy walking in with a small light to get to his stand or for safety reasons..especially on public land.

Well I just needed to go to the question and answer section...

Q: Can I use a light to see my way through the woods when I go hunting?
A: Yes. You may use a small flashlight to safely travel to or from your hunting location as long as you are not using the light to locate or hunt any big game.