2013 HuntingNY.com I Have Cabin Fever Contest - Win a Trail Camera, $50 HNY Store Credit, RealBullet Opener and Pen!

HuntingNY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By WNYBuckHunter
      The 2018 deer season is only a few short months away, and we are bringing back a deer hunting contest, The HuntingNY Whitetail Classic! You can sign up for the contest by replying to this thread, sign up starts now and will end at Midnight on September 28, 2018 at which time this thread will automatically lock. In the contest section, each hunter will get their own thread, in which entries should be posted. Contest entries must be submitted by Midnight on January 2, 2019 (Sorry, seasons that run into 2019 are not included in this contest).

Contest Rules

-The Deer must be taken in NY during the 2018 deer season (Oct 1 - Dec 31)
      -Deer must be tagged with regular NYS carcass tags (Buck, DMP or Either Sex). Deer tagged with nuisance permits or DMAPs will not count.
      -There must be photos of the deer included in the post(s), they must clearly show the hunter, the antler points of bucks, a clear picture showing the inside spread measurement (must clearly see where each end of the tape measure is touching), this year's tag attached to the deer as well as a contest card (details below)
      -Each hunter can enter up to 2 bucks and 2 does

Scoring system

-Each deer will earn 10 points
      -Bucks will earn 1 additional point per scorable antler point
      -Scorable antler points are 1 inch in length measured from the base of the point. Fliers, kickers, droptines, etc ARE scorable
      -Total score of each hunter will be added up at the end of the contest, highest total score wins
      -In the event of a tie, greatest measured inside spread of the entered buck(s) will be the tie breaker (if hunters are tied and each entered 2 bucks, the spread on each entered buck will be measured)

Contest Card
      With a black marker, make your contest card on a sheet of white 8 1/2" x 11" paper. Write large enough so it can be seen in one of the entry photos. It should include the following

At the top, write - 2018 HuntingNY Whitetail Classic
      below that include your screen name, and the date and location of the harvest (WMU)

The card must be clearly visible in at least 1 photo of deer or that entry will NOT count.

Youth Division

There is a separate youth division for hunters under age 18. Exact same rules and scoring as above.

Prizes

We will be announcing this years prizes in a separate thread once we have the contest section ready.
    • By GetEmDrake
      Hey All,
      New to the forum, already missing the deer season and have curiosity to quell. This was a great non-typical I was chasing all season in a bow-only area of Ithaca. Anyone know or hear of a non-typical of this caliber being killed? I'll be out scouting for him aggressively soon enough. Thanks! 
      Nick 

• By robin993
      anyone heard about this?
      13 – 19 August 2017 
      ***The team with the greatest total weight of up to their five heaviest boars over 150 pounds wins the main competition
      GRAND PRIZE
      1st place will be awarded $30000, 2nd place will be awarded $20000, 3rd place will be awarded $15000
      Included in your entry is a chance to win two additional side pots for  ***Largest Boar ($15000) and Longest Cutter ($15000)***

• By DarrenB
      I think the last 2 pics are of daddy. Looks to be a much bigger bear than momma with the cubs. Any opinions on how big daddy might be?  Thought I'd add a video of the 2 cubs fighting/playing with each other.   

• By m1Thumb
      Curious to see what sort of animals have been spotted in Nassau. Post a picture or verbalize your sighting.

The attached picture was taken in Oyster Bay. I've heard of deer heading as far west as Fresh Meadows!