Asking a favor for a new Cadet.

First-light

17 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

2 Great Videos There!

Thank you. As exciting as it was I still so so nervous. Each jump had injuries. It's always in the back of you mind. You know what was cool. As I left the hotel there were a bunch of soldiers leaving also. They were in flight uniforms. They were brought in from the Air force to maintain the planes and fly them. Interesting for sure. She is home for a week of needed vacation at Montauk then reports for Air assault the following Monday for two weeks. After that back to the books. She has been asked by the black and gold Sandhurst teams to try out. These are West Points elite teams. She has to decide between this and boxing. I think Sandhurst may win out, it will benefit her further down the line. Thanks to all of you guys for being so supportive. She has a bin under her bed that has all the cards from you. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, First-light said:

She is back at West Point for Air assault training. Two week and she will be done. Not too many Cadets did Airborne and Air assault in one summer. Very proud of her. 

I was stationed down at Camp Smith a couple years ago with the Naval Militia and they would bring in the Choppers from the Point with the Cadets ... impressive !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two more days of AirAssault and she will graduate. I'm reading a lot about these two weeks and some say its the toughest thing you might do in the Army mentally and physically. She did fail 1 test but got a retest and passed. Most class work is done. They repelled all day today. Weather might not be great tomorrow but Saturday looks great for repelling out of the Apache Helicopters. Sunday at 11:00 is graduation and I will be there!!! 

• Like 6

On 8/3/2023 at 6:26 PM, First-light said:

Two more days of AirAssault and she will graduate. I'm reading a lot about these two weeks and some say its the toughest thing you might do in the Army mentally and physically. She did fail 1 test but got a retest and passed. Most class work is done. They repelled all day today. Weather might not be great tomorrow but Saturday looks great for repelling out of the Apache Helicopters. Sunday at 11:00 is graduation and I will be there!!! 

They were Blackhawks they repelled from not Apache. 

• 1 month later...