early ml seson

bubba

Who besides myself are getting ready to hunt Muzzleloader next weekend? I am going to camp tomorrow to get some things finished.  One week from today I am on vacation for the week.  Most of the week will be at camp.  I have two tags to fill and hope to do so.  Muzzleloader season is my favorite and most productive time to deer hunt. 

Heading up to the big woods myself.

Two years muzzleloading in the adirondacks, no luck. But a great time for sure. Going to try still hunting more...Cover some area..

Did not see a single deer these last two years...Besides the ones hanging out near peoples houses when driving back from dinner. >:)

I did see a bear last year. That was pretty cool.

I have a few promising spots though..We will see. Hopefully it will be a little colder this year..

My truck is packed and I'll be pulling out of my driveway in central Virginia at 500 tomorrow morning for the 12 hour drive to my camp in Hamilton county. There are more deer with larger racks on my place down here, but there is something special to me about the place I started hunting. It'll be even more fun in a few years when my kids are old enough to join me, like my brothers and I did with dad three + decades ago.

slight change of plans for me.  My truck will not be finished until tomorrow morning, so I am hunting locally with a few friends, then off to camp. I have the whole week of, so we will see how long I stay,  My truck needed some bal joints and an idler arm and an alignment. Good luck to all and be safe.

My truck is packed and I'll be pulling out of my driveway in central Virginia at 500 tomorrow morning for the 12 hour drive to my camp in Hamilton county. There are more deer with larger racks on my place down here, but there is something special to me about the place I started hunting. It'll be even more fun in a few years when my kids are old enough to join me, like my brothers and I did with dad three + decades ago.

My first few years hunting deer was out of Long Lake in Hamilton co.We took the fly in with Helms Air service into Lower Sergeants pond.Beautiful area!I haven't been back for some time but I loved it.