Minerals, attractants, etc..

Slugger09

those are just attractants, not minerals... but after reading some of the threads going around you know everyones input on minerals or localized feeding... attractend might be different, acorn rage does make a scent bomb fogger that can be sprayed in the air and so does c mere deer...

Mineral blocks are basically the same as baiting in my mind.  Your still trying to attract the deer to a certain area.  Most people who would use it would probably hunt along a trail heading to it or right over it so its the same to me.  Might have a little more benefit for deer then a pile of bait though.  Maybe using mineral blocks should be legal during off season just for the purpose of the deer heard.  Any opinion on that? 

Q Foodplots are plants ie crops designed to bring deer to an area most are designed (mixes of different type plants) so as to feed deer all summer and into the hunting season. So what is the difference between baiting and foodplots? Except foodplots are a lot more work. OH and currently legal.

Q Foodplots are plants ie crops designed to bring deer to an area most are designed (mixes of different type plants) so as to feed deer all summer and into the hunting season. So what is the difference between baiting and foodplots? Except foodplots are a lot more work. OH and currently legal.

That last little part about food plots being legal is not simply a minor difference. That is the difference as far as hunters are concerned. As far as the DEC is concerned, there are other concerns that involve disease spreading situations that we have already talked about.

Doc

It's illegal to feed deer? oops!!!

I think everyone should just put in food plots. These have been a great success for me.

did you fence that in to get it to grow like that? i put in a small food plot and the deer ate it as it was growing, now you cant even notice it. very nice plot congrats and good luck this season.