Assault Weapons & Ammo together in car is illegal

Wow, just reading on NY Firearms, one of the members is working on the lawsuit against the safe act point out that at this time, the Safe Act, at this time does not allow the possession of a assault weapons and ammo in your vehicle as the same time. So you own a AW but can not transport it and ammo together to shot it.

This kills me, what exactly classifies an "assault weapon"? A weapon used for assault?

In that case all carpenters shall not carry nails with their hammers?

Any handheld object under god creation could be used in an assault. From a  stuffed animal toy to a post maul.

A trigger lock and/or a locking gun case should be enough to keep a citizen within the law!

Edited by PREDATE

So I guess when you go to the shooting range, you have to buy their ammo and you must use them all up before you leave then.  Forget reloading.  If you reload, you need to make 2 trips.  One to bring the rifle, the second to bring the ammo?  This is freakin' ridiculous.

Over on NY FireArms there is a member called NYShooter1, who says he is a lawyer from Centeral NY and working with the Tresmonds. He seems that have all the up to date info before anyone else. He posted this as to how they read the Safe Act.

Post from NYSHooter 1

This one I know the answer to. No, the Safe Act does not prevent you from buying ammo in another state and then bringing it back into NY. The possesion of ammunition is not restricted, and NY has no power to tell you what you can do outside NYS. Right now the only thing I would not do is drive with a restricted weapon right now while getting ammo due to the quirk in the law that makes it illegal to travel with ammo and an "AW" at the same time.

Here is a link to the thread, you can view as a guest. This was posted on page 17.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/54512-legal-ar-tresmond-update-19.html

Edited by HectorBuckBuster

These anti gun politicians are just thumbing their noses at us with all of these nonsensical laws. I heard on the Lonsbary show, the other day, that the little rats made an amendment to the SAFE joke that allows for retired police officers to carry 10 rounds in their guns.  As long as the gun is the same gun they carried while they were on the job. 99.9% of cops have to turn their weapon back in to the department when they retire so this amendment really means next to nothing. 

• 3 weeks later...

tough to take forum and internet info as truth and law.  you really need to read through the actual bill and amendments to truly know what the deal is.  I haven't heard anything about this and it wouldn't make sense, so I have a hard time excepting it as truth.

tough to take forum and internet info as truth and law.  you really need to read through the actual bill and amendments to truly know what the deal is.  I haven't heard anything about this and it wouldn't make sense, so I have a hard time excepting it as truth.

Sorry man none of this bull sh*t makes sense!!! it dont mean its not happening tho