3 More Days Till Bow Opener! (SZ)

burmjohn

Really?  I can't say that has been my experience in 30 years of deer hunting.  I think a blustery wind is even worse than rain which they are also forecasting for Saturday.  Have never had much luck in either unless I stalked.  Sometimes you can get lucky in the wind when stalking, but ones senses are not as sharp when you have trees and branches moving and making a lot of noise.

Just had to clarify that I would stalk during gun season and not necessarily during the bow season.  Although I did kill a deer with a bow many moons ago where I walked up on a deer coming out of the woods.  Anything's possible I guess.

Haha are you kidding me this is New York you don't even really know till your in it lol.... I obsess too and it drives me crazy how much it changes.

If you live in WNY for awhile you take the weather predictions with a grain of salt & look out the window for the real-time weather.

Haha are you kidding me this is New York you don't even really know till your in it lol.... I obsess too and it drives me crazy how much it changes.

If you live in WNY for awhile you take the weather predictions with a grain of salt & look out the window for the real-time weather.

I hear ya there I think almost everything on the internet needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  As long as the weather man doesn't make me start taking heaping spoonfuls I think we should be good.  One of my best opening days was during some pretty nasty weather and I saw 20 deer....Hey Ya never know.... lol