What type of duck decoys?

Nasone

Hunt in Long Island north shore in sound sometimes stay in bays and sometimes out in sound what type (species) do you guys use ? Looking to get some more I mostly just use blue bills?.

If you're mostly hunting bay ducks, I don't think species of decoys really matter, any type of bay duck decoy with a lot of white will more than likely work.......visibility is more important than species.

Take gallon white bleach bottles... Hit each one with a couple of shots of black spray paint so they show black/white...Mix them in with your standard decoys..A couple dozen of them go a long way to increase your spread and they look surprisingly realistic.

Wow Pygmy never thought of that !! u know I have some old, very old cork ones I could always just paint and save myself some $$$ they are heavy as can be so maybe the bleach bottles just might work have you tried this ? Will ducks decoy to them? Thanks

Wow Pygmy never thought of that !! u know I have some old, very old cork ones I could always just paint and save myself some $$$ they are heavy as can be so maybe the bleach bottles just might work have you tried this ? Will ducks decoy to them? Thanks

old cork decoys could be worth some $$$$, I wouldn't paint them unless you're certain they're worthless.

Oh yeah they were given to me a while back from an old timer they don't look to great but I have a bunch of them how do I know if they are worth anything I wouldn't mind getting rid of some of them they are too heavy thanks jjb4900

Oh yeah they were given to me a while back from an old timer they don't look to great but I have a bunch of them how do I know if they are worth anything I wouldn't mind getting rid of some of them they are too heavy thanks jjb4900

Southshore waterfowlers has a few shows each year...check them out and bring the decoys to the next show.

Yes, I have used them and they work on both puddlers and divers..I always mixed them in with full body decoys, but I suspect they would work on thier own also...

Advantages..They are cheap and light...Disavantage...They are somewhat bulky, but no more so than magnum duck decoys.