Strange. I haven't been too "into it" this year.

vipertech

I'm usually bouncing off the walls in anticipation.  But this year, I guess I have too much other stuff going on.  The rash of kidney stones in Sept might have played a role too. 

Definitely going out this weekend but not with the same level of excitement of past years. 

anybody else ever start out a season like that?

I love to hunt more then many i guess but its just not as important as family,health  etc. Sometimes it takes the back burner, years later hey,it's back to being more of a big deal.

Good Luck,Its just a hobby !

Thats right i said it .

Sometimes I think about what it takes to just go hunting, plus the camping set up, prep & supplies and it can be alot to take in. But the sum of it is a lure & passion that I live for.

Vipertech; hope you see some activity, I mean even if you don't get a shot - I think it's all about being out there and getting to enjoy nature.

There was a year that I was less than enthusiastic. The problem??? ...... My shooting had gone bad on me. Just before season, I developed a terrible flinching problem (a target panic problem), and I couldn't get rid of it. I actually didn't go out because I wasn't confident in my shooting, and I didn't want to take a chance on wounding a deer. In the years since, I have worked my way out of that problem, but there is nothing saying that some day it won't come back. If there is anything wrong with my shooting .... anything at all, I will not go out.

Of course the year that I had a stroke, there was no hunting, for obvious reasons. However, with the help of some intense therapy, I made a 100% recovery and was right back out there again the next year.

Doc

same kinda yr for me,only hunted 3 days this yr for turkeys.2 for youth,got my son a nice bird,and opening morning thats it.last yr hunted about 20 mornings.not overly excited for some reason for archery,my wife thinks im nuts,lol

I'm right there with you bud. So much going on and haven't really "felt" it. I fell asleep last night and then woke up an hour later and tossed and turned all night. I made it out of bed and into the stand but man it was windy.  I managed to stay out there about 3 hours but the afternoon looks promising. Maybe the feeling will kick in if you get out in the field. Good luck my friend