Salmon River

diplomat019

2 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Basically its an ID that can be used as a passport in some cases like going to Canada and some govt buildings. Its pretty stupid

I just edited. I have one. My CT license has a gold star

• 2 months later...

I never got back with my salmon trip.  First off the tips and advice I got from everyone was great. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.  

The trip itself….  I camped with a couple friends at selkirk which is on lake ontario.  We were there late September.  Didnt catch anything but that was more on myself that lack of fish.  After seeing the other people my setup wasnt the best.  We fished mainly black hole.  People were getting them at the dsr line but i didn't feel comfortable being so close to everyone being this was my first time. So we backed off and fished less desirable areas with less congestion. Im not sure if I would fish the salmon run again if im being honest to myself.  I wasnt a fan of the sheer number of people around as well as the type of fishing it was.  I also envisioned being more tucked away in the woods and a lot of the locations we went to were right off main roads or very close. Im sure there has to be areas that are more secluded, but i didnt get to them. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

I never got back with my salmon trip.  First off the tips and advice I got from everyone was great. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.  

The trip itself….  I camped with a couple friends at selkirk which is on lake ontario.  We were there late September.  Didnt catch anything but that was more on myself that lack of fish.  After seeing the other people my setup wasnt the best.  We fished mainly black hole.  People were getting them at the dsr line but i didn't feel comfortable being so close to everyone being this was my first time. So we backed off and fished less desirable areas with less congestion. Im not sure if I would fish the salmon run again if im being honest to myself.  I wasnt a fan of the sheer number of people around as well as the type of fishing it was.  I also envisioned being more tucked away in the woods and a lot of the locations we went to were right off main roads or very close. Im sure there has to be areas that are more secluded, but i didnt get to them. 

Yes, it's a zoo. Just jeep going up stream. Lol, it slows down after the initial run and by now there are a different types of spawning fish. One of the few places near me that you can land a 10lb trout or salmon with some regular occurrence. 

• Like 1