I am really bumming

Stretchhunts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate for this to be the outcome, but is it possible that someone else might have stumbled acrossed it at some point in time and took it themselves?

that could be true too, a guy told me last year that he shot a deer and recovered it. but he realized he didnt have his knife on him to gut the deer. so he tagged it, went back to his house which was about a 15 minute walk away, got his knife and went back to find a gut pile and no deer. its sad to say it but there deffinitly are people out there that would do something lile that.

Had a family friend back in the late 80's who was hunting state land and shot a nice buck. He was in the middle of cleaning it out and 2 guys with jersey accents walk up to him and point there guns at him and told him to leave everything inc his gun and start walking. He went and called the police and they came back to a gut pile, followed the drag mark out to the nearest road and they were gone.  ???

it is possible someone got to it before us but no drag marks that we could see. I will be hunting the property for the next 9 days straight so I'll see if I can find it. I'll do some still hunting and what not. I'm not counting it as a  lose just yet. Did have a dog come in and he lost the trail. I'm guessing I should've done that sooner.

I would guess to go to water. As an animal or human bleeds out, they crave water to replenish the lost volume they have.  I only say this as a nurse and EMT.  Every person who is bleelding I have worked on asked for water.  Of course I did it with an IV. But naturally the deer will run to water. It is instinctual.