Now concidering donations....

growalot

JK...but WOW.... how is it just as land taxes come due and pre-buy propane that we bleed money??...lol...New refrig delivers Thurs....1600.00 and that's not fancy...no H2O and ice thru the door...top single door frig bottom freezer...I best be dead before we need a new one!....the car has to have new rotors and ball joints?  500.00 ...the main electrical  fix,bill arrived 1000,00...I almost have to laugh...we paid the house off and thought Wow look at all the money we'll have.....NOT!!!

Good thing I'm picking wheel barrels full of produce from the garden every other day...it helps with the sting....

JK...but WOW.... how is it just as land taxes come due and pre-buy propane that we bleed money??...lol...New refrig delivers Thurs....1600.00 and that's not fancy...no H2O and ice thru the door...top single door frig bottom freezer...I best be dead before we need a new one!....the car has to have new rotors and ball joints? 500.00 ...the main electrical fix,bill arrived 1000,00...I almost have to laugh...we paid the house off and thought Wow look at all the money we'll have.....NOT!!!

Good thing I'm picking wheel barrels full of produce from the garden every other day...it helps with the sting....

Hey Grow haven't you realized it yet that when it rains it pours? LOL. I too have been in your shoes...

1600 and 500 for a fridge and rotors/joints seems pretty high. You're being ripped off. I'd shop around some more, unless that's how expensive upstate is.

Hey Einstein, what kind of car is it? 

When is the last time you bought a refrigerator?

How are things in your world?

(How about my spelling, is it OK this time?)

Hey Einstein, what kind of car is it?

When is the last time you bought a refrigerator?

How are things in your world?

(How about my spelling, is it OK this time?)

Hey feces head, things are well in my neck of the woods. Just trying to point out that there's a possibility growie may be overpaying when she doesn't have to. Thanks for your input, or lack of.

Last time I HELPED purchase a fridge was 2 months ago, $1800 delivered for a Samsung 4-door French top, mid draw, and bottom freezer with automatic ice maker and water dispenser with internal filter. White glove service, not sure if your simple mind can handle that.

Four months prior to that, helped purchase a true French door GE that also has auto ice and water, picked up for $1200.

Now into cars. Rotors these days run anywhere from $15 shipped to $75 each on the net. Most cars newer than 2000 rotor replacement is very straight forward, 30 minutes per side, if that. Joints are even easier, $50 tops for most lower or upper joints and a machinist can press them in and out in 15 minutes, for both.

So tell me now, genius. What are YOUR contributions to helping?

Edited by shawnhu

Hey feces head, things are well in my neck of the woods. Just trying to point out that there's a possibility growie may be overpaying when she doesn't have to. Thanks for your input, or lack of. Last time I HELPED purchase a fridge was 2 months ago, $1800 delivered for a Samsung 4-door French top, mid draw, and bottom freezer with automatic ice maker and water dispenser with internal filter. White glove service, not sure if your simple mid can handle that. Four months prior to that, helped purchase a true French door GE that also has auto ice and water, picked up for $1200. Now into cars. Rotors these days run anywhere from $15 shipped to $75 each on the net. Most cars newer than 2000 rotor replacement is very straight forward, 30 minutes per side, if that. Joints are even easier, $50 tops for most lower or upper joints and a machinist can press them in and out in 15 minutes, for both. So tell me now, genius. What are YOUR contributions to helping?

You have got to be kidding me.   You are "Mr Refrigerator Helper of Down State"? 

As far as the car goes, you are really without a clue.  A "machinist" would be just tickled to punch out your old ball joints and install the new "internet" joints, huh?  You REALLY are in your own little world, downstate. 

Keep it up, it's entertaining.

You can get rotors and pads for less than 100, but are we talking front and back? A Prius or an F250? I'd rather do brakes than a ball joint any day.

Grow, let's talk about your awesome new fridge. It'll get your mind off the bs.

Shawn, I need a garbage compactor. Get to work.

Elmer, we don't use such things down here, we just toss out the garbage to Larry's back yard.

Edited by shawnhu

You have got to be kidding me. You are "Mr Refrigerator Helper of Down State"?

As far as the car goes, you are really without a clue. A "machinist" would be just tickled to punch out your old ball joints and install the new "internet" joints, huh? You REALLY are in your own little world, downstate.

Keep it up, it's entertaining.

If you want entertainment, go look at yourself in the mirror, I'm sure that'll provide plenty of hours for you. If you haven't anything to say about the OP's post, you should probably just be better off being quiet.

Just did ball joints.   uppers 59x2 lowers 48x2 + 17 in tax.  Free balljoint press rental.  4 hours of my time.  Thats 227 just for parts if doing it yourself add 150 for realignment =337 and no rotors added yet. For a garage to do this work @ 75 for 4 hours labor = 300 plus realignment cost at 150. Guess what your at 677 bucks and havent bought rotors yet.  If a ford your chances of buying just a rotor are small as last one I owned rotor and wheel bearing was one assembly.  Which is a big reason why I will never own another lol.  New mid of the line rotor 35 each. Garage should take 2 hours tops for all 4 rotors, 30 minutes a wheel is another 150.  Total outlook on DIY cost 477

Total outlook on hired labor cost plus parts 967

And for the record replacing upper and lower ball joints is no where as easy or simple as a rotor.  Rotor you pull tire and caliper and done.  Ball joints, pull tire, caliper and hang it, pull rotor unhook steering knuckle, pull hub assembly, press out lower balljoint, press out upper balljoint or entire upper control arm, press in new lower balljoint, press in or replace upper control arm, put hub assembly back on, put steering knuckle back on,put rotor back on, put caliper back on,torque all nuts and bolts back to spec then drive to garage to have it aligned so your tires dont scalp. Yeah that is easier than replacing a rotor and how in the world is a machinist going to press out your bearing unless you remove the entire lower a-arm and bring it to him? That entails a great deal of extra work, sway bars, torsion bars, shocks and on and on.  Or a tow truck.  lol

Edited by wdswtr

Just did ball joints. uppers 59x2 lowers 48x2 + 17 in tax. Free balljoint press rental. 4 hours of my time. Thats 227 just for parts if doing it yourself add 150 for realignment =337 and no rotors added yet. For a garage to do this work @ 75 for 4 hours labor = 300 plus realignment cost at 150. Guess what your at 677 bucks and havent bought rotors yet. If a ford your chances of buying just a rotor are small as last one I owned rotor and wheel bearing was one assembly. Which is a big reason why I will never own another lol. New mid of the line rotor 35 each. Garage should take 2 hours tops for all 4 rotors, 30 minutes a wheel is another 150. Total outlook on DIY cost 477

Total outlook on hired labor cost plus parts 967

And for the record replacing upper and lower ball joints is no where as easy or simple as a rotor. Rotor you pull tire and caliper and done. Ball joints, pull tire, caliper and hang it, pull rotor unhook steering knuckle, pull hub assembly, press out lower balljoint, press out upper balljoint or entire upper control arm, press in new lower balljoint, press in or replace upper control arm, put hub assembly back on, put steering knuckle back on,put rotor back on, put caliper back on,torque all nuts and bolts back to spec then drive to garage to have it aligned so your tires dont scalp. Yeah that is easier than replacing a rotor and how in the world is a machinist going to press out your bearing unless you remove the entire lower a-arm and bring it to him? That entails a great deal of extra work, sway bars, torsion bars, shocks and on and on. Or a tow truck. lol

You're right. Everything upstate does cost more. Good luck grow, you've got a great bunch looking out for you.

. Now into cars. Rotors these days run anywhere from $15 shipped to $75 each on the net. Most cars newer than 2000 rotor replacement is very straight forward, 30 minutes per side, if that. Joints are even easier, $50 tops for most lower or upper joints and a machinist can press them in and out in 15 minutes, for both. So tell me now, genius. What are YOUR contributions to helping?

You're right. Everything upstate does cost more. Good luck grow, you've got a great bunch looking out for you.

HUH?  How does it cost more per your other post I agreed 30 minutes per side on rotor, you say for tops on ball joints 50,you should notice you are just about spot on with those too.  Rotor you claim 15 to 75.  Add your math and you will see your downstate price is almost the same or even higher depending on if you use your 15 dollar or 75 dollar, so heck go in the middle at 45 and your downstate price is still higher.  So how does everything upstate cost more?  Seems to me its either the same or cheaper lmao.

Edited by wdswtr