Now concidering donations....

growalot

Listen Shawnhu...I don't need to mention for the thousands time how cheap I am...so shopping around is my middle name and we both put many  many hours in on the web...phone and in many appliance places to find the best ALL AROUND deal...by the way many of the dealers that actually had in stock and sold Samsung...said stay away from them...

So I don't go just by ppls reviews...I also made out of state calls to independent service repair ppl to find the ones to look at and stay clear of...

Price also go by not just gadgets but cubic ft...we went with the biggest  with least frills and American made...which this particular Whirlpool is still American made...We stayed away from the ice /water in the door for they have the most problems..long run...there is an in freezer ice maker...the 3-4 door ones have seal problems and all the electronic read outs are cool and fun until the circuit boards burn out..and I do not believe in extended warranties...with the exemption of kitchen appliances  so that was part of the price and we are getting a 180.00+ Loews gift card in return for the purchase...I'll admit that Sears would have honored a lower price (that we'd just missed) but not in stock and a 29 day wait....We just can't nurse this broken frig that much longer

As far as the car...he quoted just an hours repair ...but the Marquis has sensors for the anti skid and the ABS...the one sensor is faulty and the are made as a unit ...unlike older vehicles....and I rounded the price ...It was like 486.00... we have a few different mechanics we deal with...some guys do some things better than others...this is a very good shop for this type of work

The point of the post was it always seems.... as one said.... it seems to pour when it rains all at once....some times all you can do is stand back and laugh about it

As far as they guys looking out for me....It's more like they are finally understanding how I post...as far as getting a message across....LOL...that's a little scary in ti's self.. ;)

• Like 1

sounds like your price is off on your fridge. i got a 33cuft side by side whirlpool gold with water and ice and digital readout for under a grand. sears will usually give you a year interest free or 15% off sticker to lesson the hurt too. did you go mom and pop? for a top mount standard fridge you should be under $900.

$500 for ball joints, rotors and labor doesn't seem to far off. Rotors are easy to do yourself though.

Edited by Belo

. Rotors these days run anywhere from $15 shipped to $75 each

not sure what you're driving, but it definitely depends on the make and model. my silverado's rotors were $60 i think, same for rav4. The G8's were over a $100, but they were slotted. The non slotted were almost as much though.

And for the record replacing upper and lower ball joints is no where as easy or simple as a rotor.  Rotor you pull tire and caliper and done.  Ball joints, pull tire, caliper and hang it, pull rotor unhook steering knuckle, pull hub assembly, press out lower balljoint, press out upper balljoint or entire upper control arm, press in new lower balljoint, press in or replace upper control arm, put hub assembly back on, put steering knuckle back on,put rotor back on, put caliper back on,torque all nuts and bolts back to spec then drive to garage to have it aligned so your tires dont scalp. Yeah that is easier than replacing a rotor and how in the world is a machinist going to press out your bearing unless you remove the entire lower a-arm and bring it to him? That entails a great deal of extra work, sway bars, torsion bars, shocks and on and on.  Or a tow truck.  lol

exactly. where shawn figured it was easier than rotors is beyond me. Most people cant do an alignment in their garage. rotors however if they're not rusted on are one of the easier jobs, and for the $30 pads cost you might as well do them while you're in it. In addition you "can" turn rotors and save some money there.

You're right. Everything upstate does cost more. Good luck grow, you've got a great bunch looking out for you.

yes, nyc isn't the most expensive place to live or anything...

ps. glad to see you're still making friends.

Edited by Belo

The point of the post was it always seems.... as one said.... it seems to pour when it rains all at once....some times all you can do is stand back and laugh about it

As far as they guys looking out for me....It's more like they are finally understanding how I post...as far as getting a message across....LOL...that's a little scary in ti's self.. ;)

Our new stove broke this week, went to get a replacement yesterday and they no longer carry the one we bought so I had to go to a nicer more exspensive model, then this am my wife's card got hacked. Thank goodness Visa caught it immediately and not much damage was done and we will not be on the hook for the cash. So, I can understand where you are coming from..lol

Belo....side by sides are way less expensive then the bottom freezer refrigerators in general...

Doe...ya we almost bought a new stove as well...broiler in this and front burner hasn't worked in years...but then he told me 1300.00 for the 5 burner convection I want...no thanks...not this month!!!...Glad your card this worked out....

Speaking of this month..when does it end!!!!! Went to Dr about the knee problem I've had all summer...just got back from x-Ray and he told me the MRI is next and he's contacting the surgeon to see me....yep ...told him I have a buck...yaeee big I'll be hunting.... it has to wait a little longer...he laughed and said we'll see and pick either archery or gun I probably won't be able to handle both.. :girlumbrage: depending on what they find under my knee cap 2day - 3week recovery time...

Edited by growalot

Hard month for me as well the CC got quite a workout!, 2 college tuitions, one Lasik surgery, week end away, few dinners out, oh boat motor repair too!

Good thing we spent a life time living below our means and saving.

You had to remind me taxes will be due soon......

• Like 2

sounds like your price is off on your fridge. i got a 33cuft side by side whirlpool gold with water and ice and digital readout for under a grand. sears will usually give you a year interest free or 15% off sticker to lesson the hurt too. did you go mom and pop? for a top mount standard fridge you should be under $900.

$500 for ball joints, rotors and labor doesn't seem to far off. Rotors are easy to do yourself though.

I just bought a new fridge a few months ago. Her prices are right on. There are no fridges in the size she is talking about at Sears, or anywhere in Rochester for less than $1200. I did alot of shopping before I bought mine.

• Like 1

Just did ball joints.   uppers 59x2 lowers 48x2 + 17 in tax.  Free balljoint press rental.  4 hours of my time.  Thats 227 just for parts if doing it yourself add 150 for realignment =337 and no rotors added yet. For a garage to do this work @ 75 for 4 hours labor = 300 plus realignment cost at 150. Guess what your at 677 bucks and havent bought rotors yet.  If a ford your chances of buying just a rotor are small as last one I owned rotor and wheel bearing was one assembly.  Which is a big reason why I will never own another lol.  New mid of the line rotor 35 each. Garage should take 2 hours tops for all 4 rotors, 30 minutes a wheel is another 150.  Total outlook on DIY cost 477

Total outlook on hired labor cost plus parts 967

And for the record replacing upper and lower ball joints is no where as easy or simple as a rotor.  Rotor you pull tire and caliper and done.  Ball joints, pull tire, caliper and hang it, pull rotor unhook steering knuckle, pull hub assembly, press out lower balljoint, press out upper balljoint or entire upper control arm, press in new lower balljoint, press in or replace upper control arm, put hub assembly back on, put steering knuckle back on,put rotor back on, put caliper back on,torque all nuts and bolts back to spec then drive to garage to have it aligned so your tires dont scalp. Yeah that is easier than replacing a rotor and how in the world is a machinist going to press out your bearing unless you remove the entire lower a-arm and bring it to him? That entails a great deal of extra work, sway bars, torsion bars, shocks and on and on.  Or a tow truck.  lol

I have been a mechanic for a long time and this is pretty accurate.

Well the guys delivered the new fridg...SWEET...I forgot how much room there is in a non side by side...I can put whole trays of goodies in there...the seals are much better...the handles are smooth stainless...which will clean so much easier and quiet...Wow from the get go the Frigidaire was the noisiest thing going This Whirlpool is way way more quiet....the door bins are really snug... so no more accidentally hitting one and all your condiments are rolling across the floor...I say all this knocking on as much wood as possible...with the month we've had....LOL...Aaahhh a little brightness in my day .

Good luck growalot with your new fridge, I hope you enjoy it, quite an investment though. I agree with you about the side by side when want to store stuff. I do like the ice and water dispenser in the door. When this one quits I will go back to the conventional fridge.

• Like 1