CT Bucks on Covert Spec Ops

sampotter

I drove down to my traditional hunting grounds in CT yesterday and set out 4 cameras in preparation for bow season. 2 were the Covert Spec Ops cameras that Phade has posted about in this forum. They can send a picture to your phone and/or email. My phone buzzed with the 1st picture of a doe just as I was leaving the state on my way home. I received several other pictures on the way home and I wisely turned my phone to silent when I went to bed- I had 46 new pictures that were texted to me between midnight and 5 am! There appears to be a couple of nice bucks there- the only way to tell them apart is there brow tines it seems, which are pretty small on the one and the other only has 1. Fun stuff...

post-50-0-92813800-1377438195_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-16897700-1377438210_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-57182900-1377438219_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-10574700-1377438234_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-18629200-1377438244_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-91630700-1377438258_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's a prepaid Gophone plan- 9.99/mo for 1000 or 19.99 for unlimited. I think there is maybe a $5 for 200 plan too.

I can foresee needing to come up with a way to manage the inflow of pictures. It would be really cool to figure out how to get them to just send straight to a folder on my computer.

It's a prepaid Gophone plan- 9.99/mo for 1000 or 19.99 for unlimited. I think there is maybe a $5 for 200 plan too.

I can foresee needing to come up with a way to manage the inflow of pictures. It would be really cool to figure out how to get them to just send straight to a folder on my computer.

Crazy stuff, these cams today.

I guess for me placement on a scrape would slow the action down a bit and just show the good stuff.  <grin>

Very Nice!

You guys sure have given me an "itch" to get one of those cams! 

I get 4-5 bars of service along 104...no worries about reception there.

Many people are getting the itch for them - some are intimidated, but it's super easy to set-up.

It's always nice when you wake up to photos like that. Or like this one - although not a shooter this year - still nice when there's a blind in the background, lol. Sure beats working at work.

post-575-0-57336700-1377459944_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade

I have to admit- last night I was checking my phone for any new pictures every few minutes and it felt like one of those lonely loser Friday nights in high school when I used to just stare at the phone, hoping, praying it would ring and a girl would be calling with something to do... But alas this time my phone did ring and the pictures did come in!

post-50-0-37465900-1377553526_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-07999000-1377553553_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-85904100-1377553571_thumb.jpg

Ha-ha .... all I've got to say is that with some of these great deer that are showing up for the cameras, a lot of you guys have no good reasons for not coming up with some real nice trophy harvest pictures for us this year .... lol.

Just kidding. I know that once the season starts, all the rules change. And those deer seem to know exactly when the season starts.

Ha-ha .... all I've got to say is that with some of these great deer that are showing up for the cameras, a lot of you guys have no good reasons for not coming up with some real nice trophy harvest pictures for us this year .... lol.

Just kidding. I know that once the season starts, all the rules change. And those deer seem to know exactly when the season starts.

I doubt Potter will have much issue flashing a kill pic this season.

And Potter...you should have been calling the girls in high school, not waiting for their call....lol.

I doubt Potter will have much issue flashing a kill pic this season.

And Potter...you should have been calling the girls in high school, not waiting for their call....lol.

Easy- now, I'm a little too superstitious for my own good. You're probably right about going on the offense in high school. Knowing what I know I now- I would have done things a little differently... :telephone: