Mule Deer - Utah

beachpeaz

I drew a tag for a muzzloader Mule Deer hunt in Utah.  I leave in 2 weeks (this is my 4th time headed out there).  I have attached a few pics of some bucks my brother-in-law and myself have taken out of the area we hunt.  It is one tough ass hunt, but we have a ton of fun.  Super excited!!  The first pic is the 195" giant my brother-in-law shot 2 years ago.  They other 2 are about 160-170" class.post-1540-0-63734700-1378833236_thumb.jppost-1540-0-52203300-1378833245_thumb.jppost-1540-0-58434600-1378833265_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Awesome Mulies! Good Luck!

I got my first Mulie in Wyoming last yeae (Avatar pic). I'm hooked, going back in 2014.

Nice Mulie as well.  My brother-in-law lives in Southern Utah and he got me hooked.  I can draw a tag every other year or so.  We swap years.  I hunt with him odd years and he comes here and white tail hunts with me even years.  Good arrangment!  We have been putting in points to go over to Wyoming as well in the future.

Is this a guided hunt?

No, all self done.  We camp around 10,000 feet and hike in about 3-4 miles each day to a very remote area with some good deer (as you can see).  My brother-in-law is a deer head so he scouts the crap out of the mountains.  It is like a guided hunt, but free!  lol.

Nice mullies. I got one in Montana nothing like yours. A friend of mine out in Seattle,his old hunting partner moved to Montana,we camp in a river bottom fun hunt .

Oh and the guy in Montana is a biology professor,does a mean job dressing and butchering......

Nice mullies. I got one in Montana nothing like yours. A friend of mine out in Seattle,his old hunting partner moved to Montana,we camp in a river bottom fun hunt .

Oh and the guy in Montana is a biology professor,does a mean job dressing and butchering......

I have Montana on my list to get to some day!  Looks like a great place to hunt Whitetail and Mulies.

I have Montana on my list to get to some day! Looks like a great place to hunt Whitetail and Mulies.

Let me know,my buddy might be able to point you in the right direction.

They found a new place ,where the rancher used to guide,he has photo albums full of B&C bucks.

For 50 bucks a night you can stay in one of his cabins and he still tells you where to hunt....

Before the big winter kill a couple years back you would see 300 deer a day !

Before the economy's downturn the odds of drawing an out of state deer tag was 12% , so what we did. Was apply for the deer elk combo. Odds were like 70% costs 300 more though.

I think today you may have way better odds just on deer tags. One can also get on a list for guys who cancell hunts and turn in their tags. Shhhh not many guys know of this program.....

Let me know,my buddy might be able to point you in the right direction.

They found a new place ,where the rancher used to guide,he has photo albums full of B&C bucks.

For 50 bucks a night you can stay in one of his cabins and he still tells you where to hunt....

Before the big winter kill a couple years back you would see 300 deer a day !

Before the economy's downturn the odds of drawing an out of state deer tag was 12% , so what we did. Was apply for the deer elk combo. Odds were like 70% costs 300 more though.

I think today you may have way better odds just on deer tags. One can also get on a list for guys who cancell hunts and turn in their tags. Shhhh not many guys know of this program.....

Thats awesome!  thanks for the lead.  It is definitely on my list to hunt in the next few years.

Man, those are nice!! That first one has some hellacious (is that a word? :biggrin: ) mass to it too!

its even more disgusting in real life...lol.  The sad part is, the 160" deer I shot (3rd one pictured) was with that monster apparently.  I shot mine after hiking about 4 miles into an area just at light.  He came over a ridge and was about to dissapear into a gorge.  I assumed he was alone and only had about a 2 minute window to decide to shoot.  My brother-in-law shot that giant 2 weeks later in the same area.  Someone who was watching those deer said they were together all summer!  So, that is my luck.  5 minutes earlier, that big one was probably just in front of the one I shot!  ugh.  Oh well.  That is hunting for you.