biggamefish

Region 5

Anybody hunting saratoga county?  I know os one deer so far being taken, a spike horn but that is it.  It seems that the 5 region is missing the hunters?

I hunted Lake Desolation state forest this weekend and didn't see anything. I used to have a lease right where they found that body last year. Actually, the body might have been on the property or just off it cause the pics looked like my old access road. Kinda creepy knowing now that there was a body there.

Not too many hunters up there this weekend though. I saw maybe 5 trucks parked at different spots. I love the land there though. It is big woods!

Always be on the lookout for conspicuousness otherwise it’s hard to tell if someone is inconspicuous.

We have been out in the NZ, haven't seen one up home yet. My wife has seen a couple of Does..including one that was a few feet away but it was dark out. My brother inlaw shot a busted up 5 last Friday with the ML, weighed 140. Other than a few other sightings its been a real slow year for us.

I am in 5T, 5G things are slow slow slow up here! It's really starting to get to me here. Very disheartening when I don't see deer shooters or not at least I usually see deer, this year has been strange to say the least.

I have to agree. It's been a VERY slow year for us. We've been seeing alot of turkeys but very few deer.  We did manage to take a coyote this past weekend & miss another.

Just joined this site and was wondering how everyone did in the area. We didn't get anything. Heard a lot of shots and saw a lot of archers, guess it just wasn't the year for us....

Went up on the state land myself up just past Lake desolation twice and didnt see anything. A bit of sign. A friend of mine belongs to club up there and went with him and some guys from camp there. a couple times. Nothing for me but I know they got a few over the season between both muzzle loaders and rifle.

-I like vegetarians. All I eat are vegetarians.

-If you don't find it necessary to stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.