Region 5

biggamefish

I hunted Lake Desolation state forest this weekend and didn't see anything. I used to have a lease right where they found that body last year. Actually, the body might have been on the property or just off it cause the pics looked like my old access road. Kinda creepy knowing now that there was a body there.

Not too many hunters up there this weekend though. I saw maybe 5 trucks parked at different spots. I love the land there though. It is big woods!

We have been out in the NZ, haven't seen one up home yet. My wife has seen a couple of Does..including one that was a few feet away but it was dark out. My brother inlaw shot a busted up 5 last Friday with the ML, weighed 140. Other than a few other sightings its been a real slow year for us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Went up on the state land myself up just past Lake desolation twice and didnt see anything. A bit of sign. A friend of mine belongs to club up there and went with him and some guys from camp there. a couple times. Nothing for me but I know they got a few over the season between both muzzle loaders and rifle.