Great read about the history of the Over/Under and it's affect on the SxS shotgun

For several decades now, the over-under has been the double-barrel for us to carry. In fact, O/Us are so popular that until about a decade ago, new, affordable side-by-sides ceased to be sold in the United States. Today, a few are around; but compared to over-unders, the total numbers hardly matter. In the grouse woods, on skeet fields, and across sporting-clay courses, if you’re shooting a double, you’re shooting an O/U. As one gunmaker told me  in 2019, “the side-by-side is dead.”

How the Over and Under Shotgun Became and American Standard (projectupland.com)

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

I used to bring my grandpa’s old Ithaca side by side trap shooting from time time, back when I shot on a league.  I would tell the guys with the over/unders:  “If God wanted you to shoot a gun like that, He would have put your eyes that way”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got my first over under this spring, havent even shot it but I love looking at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bring it if you come out to shoot archery at our club. We'll break some clays too.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Like 1