They are getting closer...

growalot

the closer to season opener the closer the deer are to the house...I went to watch the far side of the field when this guy stepped out 30yrds in front of me...I turned to leave and 5 doe and fawns had come in behind me20yrds away ....thought the dogs were barking at the cat earlier...but this group crosses our drive from a front trail and enters the farm field...just yrds from the house..

Lots of activity in the surrounding woods and a lot of gun fire....someone near by sounded like they had a sub machine gun...many short rapids bursts...way more than 7 rounds on a few....seeing we have sheriffs living in the area...I can't say advertising that on the weekends to be a smart move ....Oh well doesn't hurt me when the deer come here to hang out...and before dark to boot....Though those big boys from a month ago...haven't been back...

• Like 2

Nice pics Grow.

I'm seeing more young buck action closer to the house, now that the alfalfa & clover up knee high about 50 yds. away. Went out to spot a last stand yesterday, viewed several turkey a few over so I sat against an oak. Not long after, a nice 6 went, maybe 40 yds up wind. He give a real nice showing. Couldn't get the camera up for pics, as I was pretty much pinned . This cool weather gets them active.

Yep there are a lot of youngins around this year ...many 4's ...5..6's...I heard my first clash the other evening. It made me and all the doe in the field watch our wood line...not long after 2 4's strolled out....This a.m. I opened the kitchen door and 3 doe trotted past in the clover field....That and the residual oats have gotten pretty tall with all this rain...I though he would cut it again...but now the oats have seeded and are turning brown

Yes the seasons are coming! Always exciting to see the pickup in activity. The issue is that when the season does open the activity seems to stop . I think DEC leaves rule books out for them to review. :) Is it me or does this seem to be the case for most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes the seasons are coming! Always exciting to see the pickup in activity. The issue is that when the season does open the activity seems to stop . I think DEC leaves rule books out for them to review. :) Is it me or does this seem to be the case for most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bow season slow to start off, but picks up quickly during any type of breeding activity. The big boys start showing say third week of October. This continues right into gun, slows for a few weeks, then hits a second high during late November second breeding cycle.

I'm thinking I may try and find the guy who's doing all this afternoon shooting...to buy him ammo...hope  he continues through bow season...he was going to town this afternoon and every time I looked out deer were walking past the house...They were all over the trail plot behind the house,,,the pics are...first...me scanning the field and just barely caught this..... then another came out to check her out(thought it was a neat pic),,,the second I looked up from the kitchen and 5 were 30ft from the dogs kennel(caught two )...5 min. later I went out to grab some corn for dinner and a buck..6 or 8 point and a couple of doe and ? popped out of the front garden walked down the drive and across the street to the corn /pumpkin patch...of course I'd taken camera up stairs....lots of turkey talking close to the house as well....