My Minnesota Bobcat Mount

BizCT

This weekend I picked up my Minnesota Bobcat from the taxidermist (Kurt Fox).  Once again, Kurt did an amazing job. The pictures do it no justice. Kurt said it was the biggest bobcat he ever seen and/or worked on.

Within the next few weeks I plan to have the skull officially measured by SCI for the record books since Boone & Crockett doesn't have a Bobcat category.  It has a chance to go top 10 ALL-TIME. It will be close, we'll see what happens.

Here's the original story of my 42lb. bobcat > http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/14081-minnesota-bobcat-hunt-pics/

post-871-0-76899700-1379895533_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-06279400-1379895581_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-94787700-1379895583_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-96008900-1379895586_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-83203800-1379895589_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

very nice, from what I've heard, cat mounts are very easy to screw up, especially the face, and if you've ever seen a bad one you know what I mean...........that guy did a great job.

you are correct and from what I've been told, closed mouth is harder than open mouth.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

you are correct and from what I've been told, closed mouth is harder than open mouth.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, I would think the snarling open mouth can hide a lot of defects..........never been a fan of open mouth mounts on many animals, How many hunters actually had an animal growling at them when they shot it? probably only happens on rare occasions when treeing cats and bear with the use of hounds.