stealing property out from under you?

wheelieman

thats why you should not post trailcam pics or talk abt the good ones you have on camera. Some of my best friends in life hunt and we all know dont ask.

Although in the past I have posted some pics. That's over. The farmers won't even email ,text pics to others who,hunt the farm. see them just drive over....Once you send it to one guy its out of your control and if they'er good bucks word and pics spread and that brings nothing but trouble.

Locals ask me " how'd you do ? Same answer each year, " couple does".....

Glad it worked out for you.

I had something similar happen last year.  There were about 6 of us who had/have permission to hunt a local farm.  This farmer hates deer, period.  We'd been doing a

decent job of controlling them while trying to manage the herd at the same time.

Last year he gave some other guys permission to hunt and they came in and setup blinds right where we'd been hunting for years.  We told them that they were encroaching and they couldn't of cared less.   I spoke with the land owner and he didn't really care either, he just wants the deer gone.  So, I didn't go out last year.  I went for a walk recently and see that they've setup their blinds again so I guess I'm toast for this year as well.

I've tried finding other land to hunt but even though everyone complains about the deer, they won't give permission to hunt.  I'll keep trying but it's very frustrating to loose a nice area to guys who just don't give a cr*p about anything or anyone other than themselves.

Sorry for the rant.

that is the problem sometimes when owners just want the deer gone. They're not loyal and figure that the more hunters the better, when that's far from the case.

It's sad to hear about friendships being ruined over this kind of thing.

I had something similar happen last year.  There were about 6 of us who had/have permission to hunt a local farm.  This farmer hates deer, period.  We'd been doing a

decent job of controlling them while trying to manage the herd at the same time.

Last year he gave some other guys permission to hunt and they came in and setup blinds right where we'd been hunting for years.  We told them that they were encroaching and they couldn't of cared less.   I spoke with the land owner and he didn't really care either, he just wants the deer gone.  So, I didn't go out last year.  I went for a walk recently and see that they've setup their blinds again so I guess I'm toast for this year as well.

I've tried finding other land to hunt but even though everyone complains about the deer, they won't give permission to hunt.  I'll keep trying but it's very frustrating to loose a nice area to guys who just don't give a cr*p about anything or anyone other than themselves.

Sorry for the rant.

Get back in there and hunt around them. Use their tactics to your own advantage. Sounds like you know the lay of the land better than they do anyway. Dont let it discourage you. I deal with similar things on the farms I hunt, other guys hunt there, so we work around them, and never tip them off to what exactly we are doing or seeing. Their setups always leave alot to be desired, so its not that hard to use them to our advantage.

We took a couple of good bucks off the farm last year, right out from under their noses.

Just remember this, if you were trying to "manage" the herd, but the farmer needs deer killed, he was probably not happy with the way you were doing it. His wants have to come first in that situation, as he makes a living from that land. As long as things are done legally of course. Everything we do is based off of filling those damage permits and making the farmer happy first and foremost. Our desire to manage and improve the hunting is second.

so i just got back from talking with the farmer he still refuses to take money but i am fixing his brakes and helping with the fence repair later on today,  Also found out who offered him the most money and the guy is an outfitter, But he still isnt gonna take him up on it, he found out that the guy wanted to bring random strangers out and let them hunt, And the the landowner said to me " its not right that this guy wants to make a killing off of me and do it with people i dont even know"  He then said that he likes the way my brother and i handle his property and thats just not going to change, so load off of my mind but ive already bought the guy a new welder seeing as his shit the bed and ill be bringing it to him later on, 

The owner of property I hunt, in Allegheny Co. was approached by an outfitter a couple of years ago. We were on pins and needles for a while, but the owner had the same response that your guy did. The outfitter still contacts the owner now and then and the answer is still no but it makes us nervous because the offer keeps getting higher.

The owner tells us that he wants nothing to do with the guy, but who knows what the future will bring?.