Question since Little Miss Sunshines law

luberhill

So I hunt two properties that I have exclusive hunt rights on .

Im friends with the owner .. so if DEC or whomever sees me coming off the property will I need a signed note from the owner saying I have these rights ?

Or do you guys think that’s not necessary ?

Im reading the portion that sounds like IF you are carrying a firearm on property you don’t have permission to then you are committing a felony .

Edited by luberhill

34 minutes ago, mowin said:

I've been checked many times by DEC over the yrs. Never once been asked for a permission note. 

Me either but .. never had to do all this goofy crap before last Thursday .

And before last Thursday if I wandered off my property by accident while hunting , I wasn’t able to be charged with a felony 

Trespass laws have been changed to make it easier to become a felon. It is now considered illegal to go into any  place that does not say CWP allowed. You must have permission from every landowner or you will be charged with a Class E Felony for trespassing (includes being lost if you have a firearm). If Violated:::::This a  FELONY requiring that the state confiscates all your guns.  So if you have issues with your neighbors make sure you know exactly where the property lines are.Advice get written permission from all the land owners  before the season starts so you don't get caught up in a later squabble and be told "you never had my permission." 

These trespass laws will be used aggressively so be careful.