tractor opinions please

Nice find. Two thousand is a nice buy, provided the unit up to snuff.

The Ford 9N tractor production was from  1939 to 1947. Their were new ones available from dealers in 48 when the Ford 8N came out. The 9N has one brake pedal on each side of the transmission case to identify.

My Dad had a 1949 8N which I inherited....  Unfortunately it stayed  with my ex wife when I left ..LOL..

However, as luck would have it, my present fiance  has a  9N... I had a set of drags, a two bottom plow and a cultilator given to me and I bought a used but nearly new set of discs for it, so  I  planted my first food plots this year..

I read  somewhere that a very high percentage of 8Ns and 9Ns are still in use despite the fact that they have not been made in years.. Both of the above tractors had been rebuilt..They are a simple engine and relatively easy to rebuild.  They are also fairly easy to work on...I am NOT a mechanic, but even I can do most of the repairs/maintenance by myself.

We have a New Holland Work-master 55. I love it. It is small enough to maneuver through the woods well and large enough to pull a 3 bottom plow and pull a big set of disks. I recommend it! 

dad just picked up a lightly used 2wd one.  it's not a bad tractor at all and good on fuel.

I've rebuilt 27 Ford N tractors since 92, mostly 50 - 52, 8N as they have a better resale value.  Side mount distributors and a little better draft control make them worth a little more. ( not for me)  Nowadays, people won't pay the kind of money one has to get out of a rebuild, even though their work on a gallon an hour. I have a 42 Ford 2N, still with the original magneto. Been in the family, since 48.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter