Coffee while hunting?

IronBucks

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2013 at 3:36 PM, Renegade Hunter said:

I agree with what is stated above. About the tree stand dilemma, will he let you use a climber? I don't know if I could stand to bow hunt from the ground.

Last year I had found a spot where I was seeing deer every morning, but it was just a little patch of woods and there was really no tree to set a stand up in. So every morning that I went out I sat on my little foldable hunting stool, and on the mornings that I didn't scare them out, I had deer come within 20 or less yards of me, EVERY TIME. Even got a shot on a nice buck, (that I yanked because of nerves) . Also should be noted that I drank a cup of coffee every time before I went to that spot. As mentioned in this thread, when ground hunting, play the wind, and make sure you cover your scent. I use the Earth cover scent every time before I go into the woods, and I also keep all of my hunting clothes in a scent free carbon bag, which I spray once a month with the same cover scent. I swear by the stuff, and I have been SO close to so many deer, and I can count on one hand the times I have actually gotten winded by them.

9 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

I drink my coffee on the way to the woods in the truck I don't bring it into the woods. I sometimes get another cup on the way home if it had been a cold sit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

same. and when i was lucky enough to hunt out the back door i slammed one down pretty quick while eating my light breakfast. the issue with me and coffee is that it gets things moving about an hour in lol. i also think it makes my pee stink but falling asleep is worse. Early bow season i'm not sure i even need the caffeine i'm so excited. but we all know the season can drag.

during all day gun sits i usually opt for an energy drink that i can drink at any temp and isn't as messy or a heavy thermos. dont like the sound of opening it though.

On that all-day opening day gun season sit, if things don't happen fairly early, those same old trees and logs and stumps get mighty boring looking. I almost always reach that point where setting up the cup and pouring a nice hot cup of coffee starts becoming the highlight of the stand. And then I always start reaching in the pack for one of the half-dozen cold fried egg sandwiches......another big highlight. Sometimes other snacks come into play as well. For me stand hunting is not a diet activity...... lol. But all these snacks and drinks do extend my stay considerably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

On that all-day opening day gun season sit, if things don't happen fairly early, those same old trees and logs and stumps get mighty boring looking. I almost always reach that point where setting up the cup and pouring a nice hot cup of coffee starts becoming the highlight of the stand. And then I always start reaching in the pack for one of the half-dozen cold fried egg sandwiches......another big highlight. Sometimes other snacks come into play as well. For me stand hunting is not a diet activity...... lol. But all these snacks and drinks do extend my stay considerably.

I'm with Doc. I'm currently trying to shed a few pounds just to make room for junk food in the stand. Reese's are a dietary staple in the stand, along with a long list of other goodies. Sometimes I've even gotten careless and mistakenly thrown some healthy fruit in the pack too.

As far as the coffee goes, I don't believe I've ever morning hunted without a small thermos of coffee.