First (& Second)

WPNY79

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's official.

Yesterday between 3:30 and 3:38PM I let 2 arrows fly, the first two of my bow hunting career. At 3:30, after a 5 minute staring contest between me and a good-sized doe, she dropped her head allowing me to draw and release, the first arrow passing through both lungs. She was dead within minutes.

After freaking out that I had actually hit what I shot at and texting a couple of friends that were also hunting in the area, I notice a pair of doe walking down the hill just out of the tree line to see what all the commotion was about. By this time, I was also standing out of the tree line. The both looked at me, paid little mind and continued grazing. The pressure off from the first shot, I was emboldened to see just how relaxed they were. I took a few steps toward them and stopped when they looked up. This continued until I was about 20 yards out. Standing there, looking the nearest doe in the eye, I nocked my second arrow and drew as she was looking at me.

At 3:38, the second arrow flew and ended up being a lung/gut shot. She took a couple of hours to pass.

That's how my bow hunting experience began: 2 doe within 8 minutes. I'm assuming this isn't normal.

wpny79

• Like 2