Rabbit with a bow?

TeeBugg

Where do you aim on a rabbit? Head shot like a 22?

I use field tips, and only shoot if the squirrel is on the lower 7' of a tree with the tree as a backstop.

With bunnies, I'd go with a small game head, as they usually won't dig into the dirt like the field points. G5 has a nice small game head.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Ill have to load up a field point in my quiver. Then again last night i was on the ground and there was no chance of grabbing another arrow. I didnt shoot because i wasnt sure if the season was open. After the bunny hopped into some thick stuff i checked on my phone...oct 1 dang

A few years back a local bar used to have a bow hunting rabbit contest. I think is was done in Feb as I remember there was snow, and no leaves. It was fun hunt. We did take like a few rabbits. Back then we used aluminum arrows and not carbon.It was a 2 hunter team. What we did was a group of use basically did a rabbit drive to some watches, and just kicked and stomped on the brush to move the rabbits.

A guy I went to high school with shot one that was in his garden. Bad shot placement, the rabbit went with the arrow under the wooden fence.  He never found either one.

I don't have and can't get any of the details other than he used a compound bow - he developed one of those degenerative muscular diseases and had a stroke.  He passed away a few years ago.   He was only in his mid/late 30's.

He was a good guy to have along camping and backpacking - we did 60 mile backpack trip in New Mexico.  He was great at cooking (camp stove or in the campfire) and first aid (patched me up until reached a hospital for stitches in my knee).