If it wasnt for bad luck...

TeeBugg

Not sure id have any luck! So ive been having quite the merry go round with these 2 mature does. They always come in together, always bust me together. Well i got in to my ground hunting spot around 4 this afternoon. Sat about 45 minutes and bam....there she was. All by herself and trying everything to get me to move. No dice girl. Staring contest for a good ten minutes. She then gives up an start walking towards my shooting lane! Two more steps, just two more steps so i can go full draw...she stops. Then bounds twice and walks away. :O youve got to be kidding me. I hear a whistle behind me, my dad is headed to his stand and has to pass behind my by about 30 yards to get to his. Meh it is what it is! Still nice to know they are still moving!

It was strange this time. I havent hunted this spot for quite a few days. After the stare off she basically kept feeding along. Usually they wouldve blown and hightailed it out of there. Had my dad not come walking in, im almost positive i wouldve gotten a shot. Two more steps and i wouldve gotten a shot

Ive decided to not hunt that stand at all this weekend. If i do it might be sunday afternoon. Only thing thats maybe a saving grace is when the bucks start really searching out does...they will hopefully travel thru this spot. Had a monster chase a doe thru last season, i couldnt get him to stop. 15 yards and he had one thing on his mind!

Ive decided to not hunt that stand at all this weekend. If i do it might be sunday afternoon. Only thing thats maybe a saving grace is when the bucks start really searching out does...they will hopefully travel thru this spot. Had a monster chase a doe thru last season, i couldnt get him to stop. 15 yards and he had one thing on his mind

good idea. the rain will help wash away any scent you may have left too.

Sounds like my season so far.

Are yoru kidding- that's not my season...it's my hunting CAREER! I've had does 10 yards away prior to legal light. Bucks bed down 45 yards from me only to eventually walk away the same wrong direction he came. Does walk down the one trail over. The only doe that did what she was supposed to was about 15lbs bigger than my 40 lbs Brittany. Tomorrow si the day!

• Like 1

Are yoru kidding- that's not my season...it's my hunting CAREER! I've had does 10 yards away prior to legal light. Bucks bed down 45 yards from me only to eventually walk away the same wrong direction he came. Does walk down the one trail over. The only doe that did what she was supposed to was about 15lbs bigger than my 40 lbs Brittany. Tomorrow si the day!

I feel your pain. Ive missed a few times already. Had deer come in behind me and i never knew they were there until they were out of range, i can hear them walking around in the crabapples but can only make out body parts....im with you! Tomorow is the day!