no morning activity yet this year

MACHINIST

You are not hitting it right. Yesterday and today have been windy did not go out yesterday was just too windy by me.Every day passing this one area on my property after 9:oo AM  to 3:00 they have been just bedded down.I drive by with my ATV with a small wagon behind on the way to gather up firewood, they just get up walk around a little and lie down again.Happened again after noon today and there also was a flock of Turkeys just poking around also. 2 nice Toms in the bunch.And I do have my bow with me.Just waiting for the big guy to show up again.

M30.

I had a lot of morning activity on my trail cams but now that I'm actually out there sitting I haven't seen much in the mornings. This past weekend I finally saw a buck chasing but that's really been the first morning activity I've seen.

Edited by Waldershrek

I spent all of northern bow season doing afternoon sits every time I planned on going in for morning sits something would come up and I couldn't make it. The majority of my trail cam activity is between 7am and 8 am. Tomorrow morning I plan on going out with the smoke pole and seeing if I can connect with one. If nothing else it will be nice to see the woods come alive for the first time this year.

much more mid to late afternoon according to the lunar table, with the full moon heaviest activity around midnight to 2 am and 2 to 4 pm, if you believe in that sort of thing

Ive been seeing that and wondering if i should be out there mid afternoon...