Blaze Orange during bow ?

JimR

And yes, back tags are ridiculous.  There is not a chance in hell I am putting a hole through my jacket!  My tag is in my back pack.  Nobody has ever given me a hard time about it.

I always carry my pack whenever I hunt so I leave my tag on my pack.  While my jackets have ready-made holes to hang your tag, it makes little sense to put it on my jacket is I'm going to wear my pack over it and end up covering it up.

I'm have a very hard time finding my way around this site.... I have 3 dmp's for an area I will not have time to get too... Is there a thread like last year for trading dmp's..... I don't need one but have 3 somebody else can have....

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17775-2013-HNY-DMP-swap-thread

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I always carry my pack whenever I hunt so I leave my tag on my pack.  While my jackets have ready-made holes to hang your tag, it makes little sense to put it on my jacket is I'm going to wear my pack over it and end up covering it up.

I never where back tags either. I'm actually not required to display it where I hunt in Catskill Park.

I never where back tags either. I'm actually not required to display it where I hunt in Catskill Park.

I think you misunderstood me.  My back tags are displayed all the time.  It's just that it's attached to the outside of my pack rather then the back of my jacket.

Back tags are really a pretty dated idea and a waste of paper. It's ridiculous we even have to have them.

I think camo really is a waste of money as far as the animals are concerned. Human psychology I guess that if they are wearing camo they somehow have better chances. Bill Jordan is a rich evil genius.

Ever hunt turkey...? :)

• Like 3

Tell me.... Has anyone tried the HEC's gimmick.... So I don't believe any of this... I don't think anything you wear has anything to do with it..... There is another sence we humans do not understand... A couple examples... How is it that five deer in a field grazing ,,, one deer picks his head up an looks at you an all the other deer look at you too.... How did those other deer know what the first deer was looking at...??? Like a flock of red winged black birds all chirping squawking an screaming all in a very loud noise... They all stop at the same time as if somebody flicked a switch.... Like a swarm of bees or a school of fish... They all can change direction at any time... An the whole school or flock just follow.... Did some bird yell out we're going this way now an everybody follow me.... But it happens in an instance.... I'm just curious... Tell me what you think.... Does it matter what I look like..??

the reason you see people at football games in camo bibs is because generally camo is some of the warmest best wind and rain blocking stuff you can buy. It's more about the comfort of some good camo then it is about the pattern for me. mossy oak, realtree etc. I have a few mismatched combos realtree hardwoods bibs with a realtree max jacket. who cares, they were on sale.

Turkeys see differently than deer so that's not apples to apples.

Absolutely right, but you said, "I think camo really is a waste of money as far as the animals are concerned." ... just a reminder that some folks might be hunting things other than deer.