2013 / 2014 TRAPPING HARVEST THREAD ...

Kludes

Have you heard anything about fur market prices dropping because of Chinese buyers linked to the guy caught bringing in snow leopards pelts and not paying government dues and Chinese government took control of furs they had in storage and they are auctioning them off first wich is a lot of mink and coon pelts 4.5 billion in fur to make back the dues that weren't paid

• Like 1

Yes. A good friend of mine told me last night that they do not know what to expect. He said coon dropped out of sight right now. Rats may be ok..not sure. Mink dropped. Coyotes they have no clue. Fisher dropped sum. Red fox will pay high and greys will do ok. There is an auction this weekend I am going to and check out some prices.

I finally took out the mange problem in my area past two three years I couldn't get a full tail for my life and this year two nice full tails ... hoping my blind sets connect today yotes and foxs are crossing down logs over water and I set up were they gather to step on to it ....snow coming down fast not what I wanted

Fur prices from Genesee valley auction were not very impressive but not a lot of good put up fur a lot of green unfleshed coons rats averaged 8.75-9 coons were bad dont have numbers red fox averaged 45-50 not many in auction though...Mink were down also ... hopefully it was not a forecast of the rest of auctions but stories being told are not much being caught this year in any way and Montezuma they hit too hard last year I've heard ... guess we will see ..

Best day ever for me trapping got a double rat in one hole traps 1 foot apart .. caught 7 Rats caught them in a 110 120 159 160 that's something to remember and caught a coon at a garbage pile set then a red fox in a trap I set yesterday bad part is he had mange bad I put down and disposed of the carcass ... fox #4 for me awesome day career day for me that fox put a damper on it though ... good luck all can't catch fur with the traps not out ...

Fox is still strong mink and coon is what he had a lot of in cold storage that they auctioned off of his ... Mink was 35 high last year this year I've seen 21 25 maybe and coons dropped pretty good fox is the one article that should hold strong every country wants them ...