Weirdest thing happend to me the other night.

erussell

So I was going to my car the other night and I heard a noise just inside the woods. I looked over and there was a grouse standing there. I made a squeeking noise with my mouth and it walked out of the woods into my yrd. I then made a drumming noise with my mouth and the thing ran right up to my feet and started scratching around in the grass. I just stood there still and didnt move. I was prolly standing there for 5 min when I decided my wife and daughter needed to see this so I reached into my pocket and hit the door lock on the car and the car horn beaped. The grouse never blinked an eye. My daughter came out on the porch and asked what i wanted I motioned for her to come up quitely and she did. As she rounded the car the grouse looked startled and froze. I told her to make a squeeking noise with her mouth. She bent down and made a squeeking noise with her mouth and the grouse walked up to her about a ft from her hand. Then my wife came out and knelt down beside her and started taking pics with a camera. It was really cool. I then had to leave for work so my wife and daughter walked forward alittle bit so I could back the car up and the grouse stood there the whole time. They said they stood there with it till it got to dark and they got to cold and they went inside. havent seen it since. I have heard of grouse who like to hang out with humans but i have never seen it till now. It was pretty neat.

• Like 2

It was drunk,no seriously it takes berries into its crop and in its digestion they basically ferment and make the bird a lil loopy.So I have been told anyways

Haha! This isn't true unless the bird has some serious health issues. The crop moves things along pretty quick. Sometimes birds can get into berries that have already been fermented, though!

But, in this case, there are many similar stories about grouse in particular being friendly with people. There are a lot of various theories as to why.

Unfortunately I cannot post pics as I sold my computer and no longer work where I could just use their computer. I visit the library to check for new jobs on the computer and Im sure you cant send pics from here. Ill send some if I get a chance from a friends computer but i doubt it. There are alot of storys on the internet about friendly grouse but I couldnt find anything explaining why.