Rut activity

Redneckoflatham

Nice buck! Not much rut activity, by me anyway 4w. no rubs, scrapes, does are all alone and nothing but does and one small buck on the camera. Bucks are still nocturnal here. hopefully this weekend picks up.

I found some scrapes in Delaware county over a week ago

The last time I saw a deer in the woods was oct 16 ,I have hunted all but 2 days from the 16th. I am getting good pictures of some of the biggest bucks I've seen in the last 10 yrs, all at night about mid night to 5am. Hitting scrapes but seeing few does on the cameras. I have 175 acres of all woods  with the neighboring farms still with standing corn. The farms in front and in back didn't plant corn,  only  oats which are just straw now. All the actvity I have seen is  near the corn at either end of my property  and in the apples along the creek in front of my house. No chasing as of yet  and get this not a single rub anywhere.  Many more scrapes showing up daily  , just seems like all night activity. I have to head to Charleston , SC for a week , for a family wedding,  so I'm hoping some chasing etc.  is left after Nov. 4. Good luck to all

You should be coming back to some good action. Your spots could probably use a week of rest too.

Enjoy SC and eat some boiled peanuts for me!

Definitely heating up...I took this 8Pt after watching him chase a 6Pt and a 3 or 4Pt, plus he was grunting a lot and rubbed a tree.  They hung around for about 20 minutes until he finally presented me with about a 18 - 20 yard shot after chasing the 6 Pt for the second time.

That's a nice one.

Been more scrapes and rubs in my area and just about every buck is chasing does. Prime time is almost upon us.

Edited by Waldershrek

The last time I saw a deer in the woods was oct 16 ,I have hunted all but 2 days from the 16th. I am getting good pictures of some of the biggest bucks I've seen in the last 10 yrs, all at night about mid night to 5am. Hitting scrapes but seeing few does on the cameras. I have 175 acres of all woods  with the neighboring farms still with standing corn. The farms in front and in back didn't plant corn,  only  oats which are just straw now. All the actvity I have seen is  near the corn at either end of my property  and in the apples along the creek in front of my house. No chasing as of yet  and get this not a single rub anywhere.  Many more scrapes showing up daily  , just seems like all night activity. I have to head to Charleston , SC for a week , for a family wedding,  so I'm hoping some chasing etc.  is left after Nov. 4. Good luck to all

Thanks  for the reply, It makes me feel better. Funny I was crying the blues  to  a buddy  who has hunted with me a few years  ago, and he said  that I always  say Im not seeing anything but manage to score.I guess he is right , but reading the reports  hear is better than great,Its like scouting   24/ 7     i  SCHOULD HAVE JOINED THIS  SITE A LONG TIME  AGO   every nite I rethink most of my past hunts  and try to  remember  my mistakes,  here I learn new stratagies  and ideas

• Like 1