Rut activity

Redneckoflatham

Has anyone else noticed that the rut activity has picked up. I had 3 doe under my stand yesterday am and a spike came running in and chased them off. Yesterday afternoon after seeing that spike running in I put out a sent stick and had a nice 7 pt come through the catails nose in the air came into 30 yards stopped him he jumped the string shot just over his back. I also noticed to see a lot more rubs has anyone else noticed more rut activity.

I have been up to my cabin  every weekend since first week of october  and I have not seen a deer, during daylight my trail cameras  are catching them  but not me.  This Is very strange  most of the time there are deer  all over!  Im wondering if the bucks are chasing the unrecepive  doe  so much  that they are all  laying low . Also im have not seen one rub!  Here in sullivan   cty  I traditionally  see rubs around  oct 15, also I am not seeing  the usual amount  of road kills on route  17  goin up  or comming home (  hate seeing  road kills)  so that tells me the deer are not moving. What do you guys  think??? are they in pre rut?

post-2630-0-71992200-1382911949_thumb.jppost-2630-0-84826800-1382911970_thumb.jppost-2630-0-36776400-1382912008_thumb.jppost-2630-0-58571700-1382912024_thumb.jp

Definitely heating up...I took this 8Pt after watching him chase a 6Pt and a 3 or 4Pt, plus he was grunting a lot and rubbed a tree.  They hung around for about 20 minutes until he finally presented me with about a 18 - 20 yard shot after chasing the 6 Pt for the second time.

• Like 8

I have been up to my cabin  every weekend since first week of october  and I have not seen a deer, during daylight my trail cameras  are catching them  but not me.  This Is very strange  most of the time there are deer  all over!  Im wondering if the bucks are chasing the unrecepive  doe  so much  that they are all  laying low . Also im have not seen one rub!  Here in sullivan   cty  I traditionally  see rubs around  oct 15, also I am not seeing  the usual amount  of road kills on route  17  goin up  or comming home (  hate seeing  road kills)  so that tells me the deer are not moving. What do you guys  think??? are they in pre rut?

The last time I saw a deer in the woods was oct 16 ,I have hunted all but 2 days from the 16th. I am getting good pictures of some of the biggest bucks I've seen in the last 10 yrs, all at night about mid night to 5am. Hitting scrapes but seeing few does on the cameras. I have 175 acres of all woods  with the neighboring farms still with standing corn. The farms in front and in back didn't plant corn,  only  oats which are just straw now. All the actvity I have seen is  near the corn at either end of my property  and in the apples along the creek in front of my house. No chasing as of yet  and get this not a single rub anywhere.  Many more scrapes showing up daily  , just seems like all night activity. I have to head to Charleston , SC for a week , for a family wedding,  so I'm hoping some chasing etc.  is left after Nov. 4. Good luck to all

post-3676-0-07825200-1382977595_thumb.jp

post-3676-0-47067100-1382977614_thumb.jp

post-3676-0-48914500-1382977638_thumb.jp

post-3676-0-15418000-1382977664_thumb.jp

I put out some trail's end scent this morning and had a spike check it out but nothing crazy...later on a couple of does came through my area and were on high alert...im guessing due to the scent. They trotted off. I have been seeing more rubs but no chasing thus far....I hunt Putnam Cty-3N. In total very few buck sightings so far!!!!