Best bang for your buck gear

I am trying to find the best hunting gear for my $ but the internet is garbage. Everyone just wants you to buy their $400 jacket or bibs and I can't seem to weed through all the garbage adds because there are too many. pretty impatient at this point and I'm about to just dump my bank account on some under armour gear from head to toe because they are the only one's that have actual sets of matching jackets, pants/bibs, hats and gloves (which is also frustrating.) Why can't they just sell gear in complete sets ie top/bottom with gloves and hats? Maybe even boots. Shit is so scattered all over the place I give up after a while.

Anyone know of a site or local store in the rensselaer county area thats worth a shit where I can go get everything I need for this season without dropping a thousand dollars?!?!?!?!

The field and stream line of camo at dicks is inexpensive compared to other brands and just as affective. Matching sets, jackets, pants, bibs, hat gloves etc. I'd check that out. under Armor is solid but more costly. Or you could try to check the bargain cave at. Cabelas. They usually put last years camo on sale for a significant price drop. I bought a $170 pair of under armor boots for $56. $75 pants for $25. Etc etc. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The field and stream line of camo at dicks is inexpensive compared to other brands and just as affective. Matching sets, jackets, pants, bibs, hat gloves etc. I'd check that out. under Armor is solid but more costly. Or you could try to check the bargain cave at. Cabelas. They usually put last years camo on sale for a significant price drop. I bought a $170 pair of under armor boots for $56. $75 pants for $25. Etc etc. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Disagree. Most of field and stream is junk. Their rain gear is so noisy you might as well be talking. Their quality is ok and their insulation is poor. I don't believe any of their stuff has scent control. All that said they make some decent stands and other equipment.

And it's still probably a better bang for your buck than the extremely overpriced UA. Most of my stuff is either cabelas branded or scent lok. I consider that above average but not UA or Sitka.

I bought the cold weather Hycreek package deal last year , it has a base layer ,insulated layer and then a insulated camo outerwear , it was 299 for everything. I have a fleece rain suit that i mix with the base layers when it warmer out . If you wear everything in the package it is stupid warm . Worth looking at if you can find it for sale.

The tough part about clothing and equipment is that you can for the most part need a variety of gear for the weather elements IF you don't want to go the route of an army surplus type store. You can go super cheap or super expensive - but the best route is often in between.

Predator camo - brown deception in an early season suit, fall gray in the fleece suit - buy from Slippy Field on ArcheryTalk - best prices and he'll size you up based on measurements. I wear the fleece suit for the majority of November and first week or so of December, sometimes beyond if the snow doesn't pile up.

Winter bibs and jacket - Gander Mountain house brand

Boots - Get a pair of Lacrosse Alphas uninsulated for early season and an insulated boot for cold season - I have had great luck with Bass Pro's hosue brand boot with 800 or 1,000 gram thinsulate. I'm going on my third season of it.

Rain gear is worth its weight in gold - I have found the Tech20 house brand at Gander to be long-living. I am on year 8 or so of my rain suit and just now looking at replacing it after the season, although I think I could get another year or two out of it.

• Like 2

If you hunt the wind, you set up in a good spot with some decent cover you won't need the best gear to be successful.  The best piece of gear I own is my climbing stand which keeps me comfortable for long periods....so comfortable in fact that I can stay completely still for hours.  I picked up some cheap thermals for a base layer, good socks and camo fleece gloves.  Outer layer I have Rain jacket and pants and a fleece camo hoodie if rain gear not needed.  Try to get the bare minimum u will need for this season b/c when this season comes to an end I will really stock up on camo with the clearance savings.  If you are bow hunting, you will want warm and quiet so make sure you move around when you try the clothing on to see how much noise you make. 

Edited by Lord of War

i swear by whitewater gear. fleece lined with wind and rain blocker. i believe robinson outdoors bought them so it's hard to find or now it's rebranded as scent blocker with some added cost. but i have some midweight and heavyweight stuff that is great for any condition. I wear a scentlok lined ghilie suit during early bow and i dont think i've ever been busted.